Boss GT-1000 released

• Same GT-1000 experience here

I play in a Surf band and the GT-1000 Spring Reverb and amp tones work excellent for my needs

• Same GT-1000 experience here

I play in a Surf band and the GT-1000 Spring Reverb and amp tones work excellent for my needs

It was your posts on TGP (I'm SteveO there), IIRC, that mentioned moving the reverb block in front of the amp. Tried it, and it made all the difference in the world.

• Listened to a few clips on YT and...not bad but it sounds too digital especially distorted. The last time I tried a Boss GT I believe it was GT 8. The effects were good though but as a substitution for a real amp or kemper? No way. Using the effects in the amp loop? Sure.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• First impression so far: not bad at all. Big departure from the GT-100. Very nice plexi model, and the “X”-models are very dynamic, they respond very well on pick attack and pick up choice, sometimes even better than the KPA.
    Haven’t got time on my hands, these days, which is a shame. I’ll follow up very soon.

• Yesterdag first gig with the GT-1000. I made some patches, very quickly at home, which I was confident enough to use them live.
    Well, I was very impressed!! As were my bandmates, they thought I was using the KPA (just had the KPA stand by next to me).
    The (hi) gain sounds are very well pushing, the lows are 4x12-like, they have a certain amount of OUMPHH which made me smile.
    Strange enough there are parameters in the AMP module that are named "Sag" and "Resonance", but they do the opposite of each
    other. But they work very well.
    Today I'm gonna make some small adjustments to the patches I've made and tomorrow will be the next gig with the GT-1000.

• Mine arrived yesterday, but I won't be home for another month to try it, told a friend of mine to go by the house and pick it up and plug it in, he tried it last night, (he's a tube snob :) ).. he's owned the Kemper and Fractal AX8, but like me is looking for a small all in one pedalboard, he just told me he's loving it.. but just going by the presets he thinks the Kemper is more realistic, he said he might pick one up himself .. I'm really curious to try it and set it up for gigs..

• As always Boss / Roland did not put much effort in making some realistic sounding patches, they always intend to show off all possible sound effects. But if you take some time in making some patches of your own by starting from scratch, you'll be surprised how realistic it can get.

In the end the KPA is a piece of gear that is not comparable to "conventional" modelers like Helix, Axe and GT-1000.

• The vids I saw it didn't sound very good BUT sounds like the sounds are in there, so that great.

Most presets seem a bit duff, even some of the Kemper standard profiles - although some sounds that are unusable by some turn out to be the essential ones for others.

It ( GT1000) does seem expensive so I would hope its good!

• The vids I saw it didn't sound very good BUT sounds like the sounds are in there, so that great.

Most presets seem a bit duff, even some of the Kemper standard profiles - although some sounds that are unusable by some turn out to be the essential ones for others.

It ( GT1000) does seem expensive so I would hope its good!

I think most of the Kemper profiles sound duff. You know why? It all comes down to your own taste, as said before I use mainly three or four profiles.
    So 95% of all profiles in the Rig Manager are useless to me and/ or sound really like crap. Maybe it's even more, like 99%.
    I don't think it's different with any other modeler. Can I get "my sound" out of a KPA? Yes. Can I get it out of a GT-1000? Yes. And I think I can get them out of a Helix or Axe as well.

• Okay. Just had another gig with the GT-1000, after making some small adjustments. Our nr. 1 soundguy thought I played with the KPA......
    I’ve made up my mind: two KPA’s for sale.
    Oh, wait! I already sold one of them. The other one will be sold very soon as well.

Sorry, guys!! I think this is goodbye!

• Okay. Just had another gig with the GT-1000, after making some small adjustments. Our nr. 1 soundguy thought I played with the KPA......
    Oh, wait! I already sold one of them. The other one will be sold very soon as well.

That was a quick decision. Have you compared the GT-1000 to a Helix or an AX8? Perhaps one of those would float your boat instead?

Wow man, well, good luck. I hope you're very happy with it. :thumbup:

• Oh no, another ‘Boss Believer’. :-). Yeah, I checked out their new pedal line, like the DD-500, and that was just meh. I like the idea just not the end result. I would have no higher expectations of this item. So a sound guy goes ‘Hey, I thought it was a Kemper’ and you sell? Haha.. Can’t take that tone experience seriously. Usually this type of thing you are shortly back to real amps, then start looking at Axs and Kempers again. I would put the Boss stuff at the range of something like the Digitech 1101. Really cool and fun, but in the end no.

• Oh no, another ‘Boss Believer’. :-). Yeah, I checked out their new pedal line, like the DD-500, and that was just meh. I like the idea just not the end result. I would have no higher expectations of this item. So a sound guy goes ‘Hey, I thought it was a Kemper’ and you sell? Haha.. Can’t take that tone experience seriously. Usually this type of thing you are shortly back to real amps, then start looking at Axs and Kempers again. I would put the Boss stuff at the range of something like the Digitech 1101. Really cool and fun, but in the end no.

You think that my soundguy's remark is the only thing I made my decission upon? Serious?
    I guess I hope you see you're doing the same thing: checked out the DD500, didn't like it so the rest must be "meh" as well.
    Don't care if you put the Boss stuff at the range of something like the 1101 (you know every guitarist, all over the world, pro or amateur has got at least one Boss pedal on their boards......), in the end, I'm happy with it and that's all that counts, doesn't it?
    And yes, sooner or later I will be back on a full tube amp, a Kemper did not change that idea anyway :D

Go play your KPA and have lots of fun with it. I know I did!!