This thread is about Toast ME, the Unofficial Kemper Midi Editor created by Damian Gręda, based on the Ctrlr midi software platform. All future updates, links and info will be posted here.
The editor has come a long way and with each itteration, Damian is adding new features and graphical updates.
Toast ME ver. 1.39 is out!
- Right-Click Menu with preset handling for:
- Individual Effects/Stomp presets
- Stomps Section Presets (for now not working... KPA bug?)
- Stack Presets
- Effects Section Presets
- Users Scales Presets
- Input and Output Presets
- User Scales moved to top tabs
- Midi Setup:
- added midi button
- added midi setup pane
- Ctrl+K (Windows) or Command +K (MacOS) to bring up keyboard preference
- assign Keyboard shortcut to zoom in/out
- zoom saved on exit
- Zoom setting is now saved
Toast ME ver. 1.38.1
This version contains mostly bug fixes. Please remember to make a backup before you use the software just in case...
IMPORTANT! : After setting MIDI IN/OUT - make sure that you set midi channel on your Kemper and the the Toast ME software to channel 1- please quit and restart the editor.
Downloads: see below.
- Added: Cab name in browser mode.
- Bug with FX Loop mute
- Pure Cab not working
- MIDI thru enabled on init,
- Some minor fixes...
Toast ME "Springy" version v1.38
New "Springy" version for KAOS Beta 126.96.36.19981 Spring Reverb Preview FW. There are scripts to clean ToastME old settings. Please run it before first run or in case of any issues.
- Added Spring Reverb (see image "1.38.png" below)
- Fixed unknown FX types
- Fixed Save FX Name label
- Lock States are fixed now (input lock will not be reset)
- Added some scripts to clear old settings prior to install
- Decay Time value inaccuracy
- You have to switch the FX slot from A to another after startup, otherwise changes are impossible
- Zoom and window size is not saved
- Command + minus may not work on Mac OS(X)
Toast ME version v1.37
- Gorgeous new User Interface (see images below) - HUUUUGE UI Update!
- Added FX Preset Browsing
- UI tot MIDI implementation (enable "UI to MIDI' in System page 15/18 on Kemper Hardware)
- Added Tuner!
- Revamped and updated Input & Output tabs
- Added Git/Master Mono to SPDIF, SPDIF Clock
- Added Profiling Wizard Mode!
- Revamped Rig Options
- Revamped Lock-States
- New Graphical EQ with sliders
- Genaral bug fixes
- Enhanced speed
Latest version (Toast ME v1.39)
- Windows : https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsppalxgdir61ug/ToastME_1_39.zip?dl=1
- MacOS / Mac OSX : https://www.dropbox.com/s/es343psozun2s8q/ToastME_1_39.dmg?dl=1
Toast ME v1.38.1
- Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys1j…p/ToastME_1_38_1.zip?dl=1
- macOS / mac OSX : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ng31…c/ToastME_1_38_1.dmg?dl=1
Spring Reverb Compatible (Toast ME v1.38)
- Windows : https://www.dropbox.com/s/jr8ecrpv3t0888n/ToastME_1_38.zip
- Mac OS X : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g2dynvkdhi2l9g/ToastME_1_38.dmg
For non-Spring Reverb version (Toast ME 1.37)
- Windows (32bit and 64 bit): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymnyhqh2364wjzq/ToastME_1_37.rar
- Mac OS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozwwl9on4sq55vg/ToastME_1_37.dmg
- Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g1pe4zslrafs7i/ToastME_1_32.rar
- OSX: (Experimental standalone version): https://www.dropbox.com/s/z79c…/Toast%20ME_1_32.dmg?dl=1
To ensure a clean install, please follow these directions closely
- Make a backup!!
- After download: extract the winrar-file and place the ToastME_1_39.exe on your harddrive when using a modern 64bit machine. Use the ToastME_1_39_x86.exe on 32 bits machines. DON'T execute just yet!
- Create a shortcut to your Desktop / Start Menu
- Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming folder (You can also type %APPDATA% into File Explorer’s address bar to head directly to the AppData\Roaming folder) and delete all Toast Me related folders
- Start the Toast ME software and establish the 2-Way Midi Connection (how to: see instructional video part 1 in the second post) and hit the red connect button, it should now change to a green 'connected' button
- Double Check if the Midi Channel is set to 1 on both the Toast ME Software and the Kemper!
- Quit the Toast ME software and restart.
- Enable UI to MIDI by using the Kemper Hardware interface: Push SYSTEM button on the Kemper, use PAGE buttons to navigate to page 15/18 and press the corresponding softbutton to activate "UI to MIDI" option.
- Note: To avoid problems, please turn the Kemper on first, then fire up Toast ME, connect and lastly start Rig Manager!
- v1.39: Added Right click mouse button menus and preset handling for Effects, Amps, Cabs,Stack, Stomps (not working due KPA bug?), Stomp/FX slot, User Scales, Input, Output.Just right click desired element/section to display a menu; user scales moved to top menu; MIDI button to set up MIDI connection
- v1.38.1: Added Cab name in browser mode, Bug with FX LOOP mute, Pure Cab not working, MIDI thru enabled on init, sme minor fixes
- v1.38: Fixed unknown FX types, Added Spring Reverb, Fixed Save FX Name label, Lock States are fixed now (input lock will not be reset), added some scripts to clear old settings
- v1.37: Huge UI Update, Added:Git/Master Mono to SPDIF, SPDIF Clock, FX Preset Browsing, UI to MIDI implementation, KPA modes: tuner - browse - performance - profiler, added Profiling Wizard Mode
- v1.32: Name changed to Toast ME, New Logo, Added Input and Output parameters (now they are responding to KPA settings) , Fixed input buffer bug. Be aware that if you switch "Listen" button on Profiler tab to "AMP" this will mute KPA. Added experimental MAC OSX image.
- v1.20: Fixed BUG with Fast Track Pro. Changed lock icons. New !CAB! and !AMP! inverse lock.
- v1.15: A lot of Bug fixes. Tap tempo fix. Added Rig Options and Lock sections. Lock state will be reset on start and on Connect to achieve synchronization.
- v1.11: Changed skin for increased visibility. Added edit Rig Name
- v1.09: Added Amp, Cab, and Eq
- v1.06: Fixed some modulators. User scales editor and robotalk feature(on wah stomps) added
- v1.05: Updated parameters display. Fixed Rotary Speed knob.
- v1.04: Added live feedback for Reverb. Fixed Rate and Feedback knob
- v1.03: Reverb added. Fixed some bugs with connection. I have to find a way to display values like in KPA
- v1.02: Feedback from KPA now working (use "Click To Connect" button)
- v1.01: Fixed missing knobs images. If there is no knobs on windows 7 or 10 delete folder c:\users\"yourusername"\AppData\Roaming\KPA_FX_EDITOR
- v1.00: KPA FX Editor sees the light of day!