Toast ME: the Unofficial Kemper Editor

• Hey everybody,

I finally took the plunge and downloaded the Toast ME software to check it out. Unfortunately, however, I keep getting the message "received dump length mismatch! Some bytes are lost. presets will not be available" when connecting to my profiler. Any ideas where this might come from? Apart from that, the rest of the program's functionality seems to be working fine....

• Hey everybody,

I finally took the plunge and downloaded the Toast ME software to check it out. Unfortunately, however, I keep getting the message "received dump length mismatch! Some bytes are lost. presets will not be available" when connecting to my profiler. Any ideas where this might come from? Apart from that, the rest of the program's functionality seems to be working fine....

What audio interface do you use @Verminante ?

• Hey Skoczy,

thanks for chiming in. I'm using a scarlet 6i6. Anyway, the problem seems to have dealt with itself. After restarting it a couple of times it suddenly started to work correctly. No idea what was going on. Anyway, I'm happy now, enjoying the functionality of the program. Probably have to send a beer of two to Damian this weekend ;)

• Hey Skoczy,

thanks for chiming in. I'm using a scarlet 6i6. Anyway, the problem seems to have dealt with itself. After restarting it a couple of times it suddenly started to work correctly. No idea what was going on. Anyway, I'm happy now, enjoying the functionality of the program. Probably have to send a beer of two to Damian this weekend ;)

Great, that it works for you @Verminante - yes, the app helps using Kemper much.
    Anwyay, I'm using 6i6 (1st gen) and ut us also working for me.

• Hello.

I have a problem with editor ToastMe 1 39. I can't run the application on PC with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. On my laptop with Windows 8.1 64 bit works fine, but on PC - I've tried already to click on ToastMe Clean old settings, turn off Avast, Run as administrator and some tricks that I found on internet and it doesn't open. After opening the file, the editor is in background process but the program cannot run.

Can you help me ?

• Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming folder (You can also type %APPDATA% into File Explorer’s address bar to head directly to the AppData\Roaming folder) and delete all Toast Me related folders

Can you help me ?

Use this method rather than the windows command, if you haven't tried it already? Paste %APPDATA% in your search window from the start menu (right-click and paste it). Then follow his instructions exactly, should work fine - I just re-installed it again and all is good! ;)

• Thank you for answer!

I did exactly what you wrote ,

but it's still the same, the editor is in the background process but I can't run it. :/ Any suggestions?

• Hardware configuration
    To use this EDITOR you will need a good, solid MIDI interface!

Hi, I already use the KPA midi in to use my DigiTech GSP1101's midi out, which switches the profile used on the KPA. How can I hook up my 6i6 in order to keep doing that but ADD Toaster?

Cheers, Michael

• Hi Guys,

I use theToast me editor dayily and I find it very usufull, escpecially to have all the effect parameters under control and the preset functionality.

I was wondering if there is any chance to swap/copy/move the effects from one solt to another.

For example if I prepare a rig/performance and later I want to add a comp in the first slot, I have to copy and paste the whole chain.

Is somthing I am missing or currently this is not yet implemented?

• Anyone?

hi

you mean you want to have more midi in conections in your kemper?

i think you need a device named "Midi Merger"

you will find many at ebay

i did an Y cable to my midi in and it worked, but depending on the device is controlling kemper, two or more device will not properly work together

so the Midi Merger device can handle this communication and let you have more devices hooked to your kemper

if i did not understood your question sorry

• I've just installed this after seeing it on FB. Wow - flawless so far. This has changed the game - I'm a studio engineer and use my Kemper in that setting, and this is so good for staying in my sonic sweetspot while tweaking.

Thanks, gonna put it through it's paces for the next week and definitely buying the maker a beer if it is stable.

I've already sent messages to all my Axe owning mates that I'm in paradise now

• Hi everyone!

Even if I cannot manage ToastME to run. it's a great service :) I'm on a Mac and using a Scarlet 6i6. My routing is Kemper midi-out to Scarlett midi-in and Scarlett midi-out to Kemper midi-in. I run ToastMe. In the devices menu I select Scarlett on input device, controller device and output device menus.All midi channels are on 1. On Kemper, in the system page, "MIDI Global Channel" is set to 1, UI to MIDI, Pedals to MIDI and Send MIDI Clock boxes are un-checked. On page 13 of the System Menu, MIDI PrgChg# is set to 1. After all these settings. I click "connect" on TM, the button turns green and says "connected" but it does not connect to Kemper. Am I doing smth wrong? Thanks in advance for the help.

Edit: I did try quitting and re-opening Toast Me and it didn't work either.

Edit 2: I disconnected the midi cables and connected them again and it worked! :)

• Ok decided to give this editor a try, had tried it way in the beginning and didn't work for me , but now this seems to be great. Only played a few minutes with it but... seems to be great

I can finally see all the parameters of my sounds without goin thru the pages of the kemper. like the reverbs, or delays, seeing all the settings in one page is just so much better.

remind me of when I had a Pod and could see and edit on the computer.

I haven't been one to ask for an editor that much, but now that I have this , yes.... its so much better

• can you explain in more detail what you did?

Thx in advance!!

I don't have access to ToastMe now, but check app preferences and keyboard shortcuts. For me (Windows) default shortcut Ctrl and + wasn't working. I changed the mapping to smth else and voila!