Toast ME: the Unofficial Kemper Editor

• ToastME: a dedicated Kemper Editor by Damian Gręda

This thread is about Toast ME, the Unofficial Kemper Midi Editor created by Damian Gręda, based on the Ctrlr midi software platform. All future updates, links and info will be posted here. The editor has come a long way and with each itteration, Damian is adding new features and graphical updates.

Latest News

ToastME ver. 1.40 is out!

New features:

• Parametric equaliser graphics view for:
      • Studio Equaliser
      • Metal Equaliser
    • Looper TAB for:
      • KPA Looper control
      • Timer for recording with the looper(CNT REC)
    • Settings TAB for:
      • MIDI delay between outgoing messages
      • Downloading Rig List on Connect
      • Mouse wheel sensivity on knobs
      • Unpack Backup to Local Disk Preset Folder(%Documents Folder%\ToastME_Presets\)
    • Right-Click Menu for Selecting Rigs
    • Right-Click Menu saving to disk for:
      • Individual Effects/Stomp presets
      • Stomps Section Presets
      • Effects Section Presets
    • Right-Click Menu loading from disk:
      • Amps
      • Cabs - User Cabs
      • Stomps Section Presets
      • Stack Presets
      • Effects Section Presets
      • Users Scales Presets
      • Input and Output Presets

Fixes:

• Faster switching between FX's
    • Rate parameter fix

Previous Versions

ToastME ver. 1.39

ToastME ver. 1.38.1

ToastME "Springy" version v1.38

ToastME version v1.37

Downloads

Latest version (ToastME v1.40)

Install instructions

To ensure a clean install, please follow these directions closely

• Make a backup!!
    • After download: extract the winrar-file and place the ToastME_1_39.exe on your harddrive when using a modern 64bit machine. Use the ToastME_1_39_x86.exe on 32 bits machines. DON'T execute just yet!
    • Create a shortcut to your Desktop / Start Menu
    • Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming folder (You can also type %APPDATA% into File Explorer’s address bar to head directly to the AppData\Roaming folder) and delete all Toast Me related folders
    • Start the Toast ME software and establish the 2-Way Midi Connection (how to: see instructional video part 1 in the second post) and hit the red connect button, it should now change to a green 'connected' button
    • Double Check if the Midi Channel is set to 1 on both the Toast ME Software and the Kemper!
    • Quit the Toast ME software and restart.
    • Enable UI to MIDI by using the Kemper Hardware interface: Push SYSTEM button on the Kemper, use PAGE buttons to navigate to page 15/18 and press the corresponding softbutton to activate "UI to MIDI" option.
    • Note: To avoid problems, please turn the Kemper on first, then fire up Toast ME, connect and lastly start Rig Manager!

Version History

• v1.40:
      Added: Parametric equaliser graphics view for Studio Equaliser and Metal Equaliser; Looper Tab for KPA Looper control; Timer for recording with the looper; Settings tab for Midi Delay, Mouse wheel sensitivity on knobs;Downloading Rig List on Connect;Unpack Backup to Local Disk Preset Folder(%Documents Folder%\ToastME_Presets\); Right-Click Menu for Selecting Rigs; Right-Click Menu saving to disk for Individual Effects/Stomp presets - Stomps Section Presets - Effects Section Presets; Right-Click Menu loading from disk: Individual Effects/Stomp - presets - Amps - Cabs - Stomps Section Presets - Stack Presets - Effects Section Presets - Users Scales Presets - Input and Output Presets;
      Fixes: Faster switching between FX's; Rate parameter fix

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/38071434_670755733291282_1048240601708888064_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=6b53e6abe96649c2403e390fcba5d848&oe=5C0E8520]

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39216012_685667265133462_3964356218385858560_o.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=bfa84cd7765a18823f08b99babbd8e01&oe=5BF7F1E4]

• Hardware configuration
    To use this EDITOR you will need a good, solid MIDI interface!

You can use regular midi cables if your computer/audio interface boasts both Midi In and Midi Out ports or you can use a midi-to-USB cable.
    WARNING: Do not buy cheap no-name USB to MIDI interfaces! Whilst they may support basic Midi PC and CC, Toast ME uses SYSEX data messages to communicate with your Kemper, which is often not supported by cheap Midi to USB interfaces.

Interfaces that will work with SYSEX messages:
    • M-Audio Uno
    • M-Audio Profire 2626
    • M-Audio MIDISPORT UNO
    • M-Audio MIDISport 2X2 USB Bundle
    • Yamaha UX 16 USB/MIDI interface
    • Roland Um-One
    • ESI Midimate EX
    • ESI Midimate II
    • AVID/M-Audio Fast Track Pro (latest drivers from AVID)
    • Motu 823 mk3
    • Miditech MIDIface 4x4
    • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 1 gen
    • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2 gen
    • RME FireFace UC

Interfaces that will not work:
    • LogiLink® Adapter USB to Midi In-Out
    • Proster 6Ft 2M USB to MIDI Interface Cable Adapter

Install notes
    I have created a video in which I go through the installation procedure and how to hook up your Kemper by midi and how to configure the Toast ME software to enable bi-directional full SYSEX Midi communication between your computer and the Kemper Profiling Amp.

Part 1: Connection & Setup

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If there are no knobs visible on Windows or MAC, run the program and hold CTRL+R on keyboard or delete folders c:\users\"yourusername"\AppData\Roaming\KPA_FX_EDITOR
    Other video tutorials and overview of the software

Part 2: Demo & Sounds

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Part 3 : Lock States & Pseudo Cab Management

Part 4: Updates (v1.32) and Performance mode support

• This forum is for me a kuriosum. Created by the manufacturer for the buyers of the product and not the other way around, right? Why is there such a fear of an administrator here? What are you afraid of? One must be careful in almost every thread not to slip on vaseline.

• This forum is for me a kuriosum. Created by the manufacturer for the buyers of the product and not the other way around, right? Why is there such a fear of an administrator here? What are you afraid of? One must be careful in almost every thread not to slip on vaseline.

Well, at the one hand it's not really afraidness and on the other hand rules are not really senseless. ;)

Don't take me not to serious when I mentioned a safe place :D

It was an advice without threat of punishment of a mod to make an own thread.

• @Sharry As you know from my post in the German forum I personally asked the company if they intend to create an editor.
    It is not a scandal that there is no official editor. The scandal is that the company refuses to answer this simple question.

Edited once, last by macbor ().

• @Sharry As you know from my post in the German forum I personally asked the company if they intend to create an editor.
    It is not a scandal that there is no official editor. The scandal is that the company refuses to answer this simple question.

Well, maybe you have read the generell comment of C.Kemper in the other thread about this topic, where he explained why they do not answer to such requests or question for future extentions.
    But they take wishes seriosly. I can understand this and I can live with it.

• Well, I went to the facebook page and the link there worked to get me to the OSX Installer File. Got it all up and working and already donated to the cause. I love this thing!!!

I beg all of you to be adults and donate, this guy has put his hard work into this and deserves to be paid for it.

• If they would wrap the MIDI commands to be also used via USB / serial this would be great because the editor could be used without an audio interface.

Would be great, but I'm afraid that the internal communication for buttons, LEDs and remote control is not based on midi commands and cannot be transferred to the KPA's USB-in/out communication.