Toast ME: the Unofficial Kemper Editor

• Would be great, but I'm afraid that the internal communication for buttons, LEDs and remote control is not based on midi commands and cannot be transferred to the KPA's USB-in/out communication.

I guess they already wrapped their internal functions into a MIDI API, so wrapping them into a serial / USB API would not be this far away. Basically the command coming over USB just calls some internal function, which would be the same one, as if the command came from a button or the remote (or MIDI).

P.S. They are already using this functionality in RigManager. They just would have to extend this API to be able to control internal parameters than just moving / copying rigs and performances. Maybe they already prepared this but a GUI editor wasn't high priority for them yet.

• Ok guys, I chimed in and have already installed the software.
    First questions comming up, after seconds:

Installing was very easy and it works from the beginning. Setted my midi channel to 1 and the software also. Button connecteg and it works. Great so far.

I use the Steinberg UR 242.

First i went to the stompboxes. Every stompbos is working exept the reverb stomp. Nothing happens when i cklick on REV.When I cklick on DLY the window changed to dly window and I can change parameters.

When I cklick on Reverb Type there are only the standard types. Where are the reverb presets (my own and the presets from Kemper?).

Next thing is, nothing changes when I use ma morph pedal. F.e. I have a morph nearly in every rig I useand when I change the Delay parameter from heel to toe with my morph pedal, nothing happens in the editor. Edit: Have seen that morph is not implemented already.

These are my questions after 5 minutes of testing.
    Am I missing some thing?

Great work so far and I hope I was doing something wrong. I run Win 7 and Toast me 1_32 vers. 1.33

Edit:Grafik EQ is showing no grafik only the dB range which is setted. Is that normal?

Edit: Where are the delay presets?

Edited 3 times, last by Eltzejupp ().

• It seems that the new functions comming with Vers 5 are not implimented . (Delays and morph)

I hope so.

One big thing is that I can quickly choose and use my presets and find them by name.
    Next is the grafik eq. I would be nice to see the same screen as shown in the kpa.

• Would be great, but I'm afraid that the internal communication for buttons, LEDs and remote control is not based on midi commands and cannot be transferred to the KPA's USB-in/out communication.

You would need some sort of translation layer built into the KPA OS to interpret MIDI info for the hardware.

• First i went to the stompboxes. Every stompbos is working exept the reverb stomp. Nothing happens when i cklick on REV.When I cklick on DLY the window changed to dly window and I can change parameters.

Nothing is supposed to happen since the Reverb pane is always visible. The others share the same window for editing settings.

It seems that the new functions comming with Vers 5 are not implimented . (Delays and morph)

Presets are simply not implemented yet in any of the modules and/or sections. All the new Delay algorithms from Vers 5 are there.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Perhabs, but tell me one reason why should Kemper develope and install that?What would be the benefit for them :?:

I gathered that a new protocol to control (for example) additional KPAs over MIDI is being implemented. Sounds like just what is needed for an editor (from the factory I would imagine).

• I gathered that a new protocol to control (for example) additional KPAs over MIDI is being implemented. Sounds like just what is needed for an editor (from the factory I would imagine).

That would be good news. Let's see what will happened. :)

• A few requests/observations:

1. I would prefer if it would leave the Input Lock alone and not unlock it. Repeatedly overwrites my Clean Sense and Noise gate settings as it is now.

2. It doesn't seem to be able to change effects if they are locked on the Kemper. Maybe this is a Midi restriction, but obviously you can change locked settings on the unit it self - so maybe there is hope :).

Nikolaj

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• Also tried for a few minutes. Was working pretty well, when i type in values and hit enter they didn't save, i think thats the only issue so far (in about 10 min's of use).

Thanks (i'm using the MIDISPORT 2x2 Anniversary Edition)!

• Nothing is supposed to happen since the Reverb pane is always visible. The others share the same window for editing settings.

Presets are simply not implemented yet in any of the modules and/or sections. All the new Delay algorithms from Vers 5 are there.

Ah, I see. No presets atm.
    Anyway, great work guys and respect to Damian. Works good and you can count my Steinberg interface to the list of working interfaces.

• ... I would prefer if it would leave the Input Lock alone and not unlock it. Repeatedly overwrites my Clean Sense and Noise gate settings as it is now....

o.k. now I know why my Input settings were unlocked :rolleyes: Hope this will be fixed in the near future...

For connection I use the "Audioprobe Spartan Cue" - not so common, but a nice interface and works perfectly well with Toast ME :thumbup:

• Damian is aware of all your questions and wishes. He's contemplating as we speak on how to address the input lock state.

Thanks for all the feedback. I would really Kemper to unban Damian... He's so eager to answer your questions directly. Come on CK, throw the man a bone....

Kind regards.

• Damian is aware of all your questions and wishes. He's contemplating as we speak on how to address the input lock state.

Thanks for all the feedback. I would really Kemper to unban Damian... He's so eager to answer your questions directly. Come on CK, throw the man a bone....

Kind regards.

+1 for Damian ( and sinmix too)

• Looks like someone attempted this before but now discontinued. Some of the design bits look ok though....

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Looks like someone attempted this before but now discontinued. Some of the design bits look ok though....

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, that looked promising but unfortunately went nowhere.

• The problem with that design was that it attempted to be too cute by half (ie look like a Kemper).

What I like about the toast me application is that it attempts to show the architecture of the Kemper, not the front cover.

With more advanced features, it becomes more and more necessary to present users with a visual flow of how the feature interacts with the device.