Toast ME: the Unofficial Kemper Editor

• Two. But better get four at various lengths while you order :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I just downloaded ToastMe. I don't have midi connections on my computer so I was going to order a USB to midi cable. Any suggestions on a good brand that will work? I understand that there may be some brands that won't work properly.

• Midi Uno, Korg, M-audio

do not pick up that cheap midi usb chinese cables, they miss the support to SysEx

have a look at toast me on facebook or at this thread there are already some list of supported devices

good luck!

• I just downloaded ToastMe. I don't have midi connections on my computer so I was going to order a USB to midi cable. Any suggestions on a good brand that will work? I understand that there may be some brands that won't work properly.

I haven't tried one of those...i use this and it's working: https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…t-2x2-anniversary-edition

The do have a 1x1 and a cable version but i can't guarantee it will work, but probably likely.

• I got the Midi Uno yesterday, easy setup, works just fine so far. Advertised inside the package for win 7 with a sticker saying "now supporting win 8 on the outside of the box", I had no problems at all running 64-bit win 10. Self-installing drivers, couldn't have been easier.

Now, as far as connecting it to Toast ME, just make sure and watch a setup video and pay attention if you're not used to this. I was wondering why it wasn't working, I didn't realize I had to set the Kemper to use MIDI channel 1. Just simple stuff, but you don't know what you don't know.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Toast ME ver. 1.38.1 is out.

This version contains mostly bug fixes. Please remember to make a backup before you use the software just in case...

IMPORTANT! : After setting MIDI IN/OUT - make sure that you set midi channel on your Kemper and the the Toast ME software to channel 1- please quit and restart the editor.

WINDOWS : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys1j…p/ToastME_1_38_1.zip?dl=1
    Mac OS X : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ng31…c/ToastME_1_38_1.dmg?dl=1

New features:

• Added: Cab name in browser mode.

Bug Fixes:

• Bug with FX LOOP mute
    • Pure Cab not working
    • MIDI thru enabled on init,
    • Some minor fixes.

Thank You Damian!

Kind Regards,
    Tijl

• YAY_ THANKS!!! :thumbup:

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• You can use this on an IPAD? Dayuuuuum!
    Viva la revolution !! 8o

Ash

What?

...I gotta get an iPad...

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Toast ME ver. 1.39 is out.

WINDOWS : https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsppalxgdir61ug/ToastME_1_39.zip?dl=1
    MacOSX : https://www.dropbox.com/s/es343psozun2s8q/ToastME_1_39.dmg?dl=1

New features:

• Right-Click Menu with preset handling for:

• Individual Effects/Stomp presets
      • Amps
      • Cabs
      • Stomps Section Presets (for now not working... KPA bug?)
      • Stack Presets
      • Effects Section Presets
      • Users Scales Presets
      • Input and Output Presets
      • User Scales moved to top tabs
    • Midi Setup:

• added midi button
      • added midi setup pane
    • Ctrl+K (Windows) or Command +K (MacOS) to bring up keyboard preference:

• assign Keyboard shortcut to zoom in/out
      • zoom saved on exit

Bug Fixes:

• Zoom setting is now saved

Thank You Damian!
    Kind Regards,Tijl

• Great and valid for some additional beers.. :thumbup:

The new preset management is a great help.
    Now it makes more sense for me to experiment with the many Cabs that have accumulated on my Cpomputer. :!:

BTW: With my new Roland UM-One MIDI Interface I can work now with Toast Me. (Was not possible with US-Tascam 144mkII since 1.38)

• BTW: With my new Roland UM-One MIDI Interface I can work now with Toast Me. (Was not possible with US-Tascam 144mkII since 1.38)

I use the Roland also, and it hasn't given me any trouble at all.

• Damn, it seems time to take the plunge ans start using this editor.

One question : Is it possible to copy and paste slot/amp/FX sections ?

Thanks

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• One question : Is it possible to copy and paste slot/amp/FX sections ?

At the moment not.
    I do not see a copy/paste button on the screen.
    It seems that till now "Toast me" just read values and are able to modify.
    It can offer you now a list of presets which are stored in the Kemper but it can not load, paste at the moment.
    Also the "store function" has to be done at the KPA.
    The big advantage is that now you see the most setting at one screen and can change values and select presets via pop-up menue.
    This is very healthy for the browser and type knob ;)

Damain made a cryptic remark at "The gear Page" Forum that in a future version you need not USB stick anymore to load new presets.
    My interpretation of this sentence is that he is working to manage presets on the computer.

My guess in this regard is based on the fact that now all presets are read by the KPA after starting the program. (Probably to serve the POP-UP menus.)
    Obviously, however, they are not yet accessible stored. (I did not find anything).
    I suspect Damian is working on it and I will certainly donate some more beers when this happens.
    Because that would be a giant step. :!:

• Thanks for the explanation, I'll use my steinberger UR22 for the midi connections as well ... I used to look at the kempers log file to see how much were created on the kemper , now i'll use this one ;)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Hi everyone,

I've made a new video on the lastest Toast ME version.
    It gives a complete overview of v1.39 to get everyone up to speed.

Enjoy!

Toast ME v1.39 Tutorial

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Man that is detailed @tijlcarrein Thanks so much man, thats like a toast me for dummies (like me) . What an effort by you guys man. Ill get some more beers to Damien soon. Thanks a lot man.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.