Toast ME: the Unofficial Kemper Editor

• So, if the HD500 is not compatible with the toast me as a midi interface, how can I connect via MIDI my audio interface (behringer) and the HD500 for a floor control in the same time?

Alas, the POD HD500 can not be used as a midi-interface for ToastME... The HD500 can send basic midi messages but is not a dedicated midi interface...

• Just to let you know...

Damian checks this thread on a daily basis and is happy to help out in case of troubles with ToastME. Please use the folowing credentials when you want to contact Damian, he won't bite ;)

Kind regards,

Damian & Tijl

• Hey guys,

sorry, I don't know anything about Midi, but I want to use the ToastMe Editor.

I got an interface (an old Focusrite Saffire USB) with Midi in+out.

Do I have to use two Midi cables or only one to connect the Kemper with my interface?

And there are cables that have 3-pins connect and others got 5-pins. Which one do I need?

i.e.
    3 pins connected: cordial_cfd_6_aa ;
    5 Pins connected: the_sssnake_sk366-1_blk

• The MIDI cables you'll need will have 5 pins(I bought two of these), and you'll need two of them. You simply connect one of the MIDI cables from the MIDI Out of the Kemper to the MIDI In on your Focusrite interface, then connect the other MIDI cable to the MIDI Out on the Kemper and the MIDI In on the Focusrite. Finally, load ToastME and click the MIDI button (right beside the Connect button) and ensure that the Focusrite / Saffire is select as the Input Device, Controller Device and Output Device. I also have "Enable output to plugin host" and "Enable input to plugin host" checked. That's it. You're done.

• The MIDI cables you'll need will have 5 pins(I bought two of these), and you'll need two of them. You simply connect one of the MIDI cables from the MIDI Out of the Kemper to the MIDI In on your Focusrite interface, then connect the other MIDI cable to the MIDI Out on the Kemper and the MIDI In on the Focusrite. Finally, load ToastME and click the MIDI button (right beside the Connect button) and ensure that the Focusrite / Saffire is select as the Input Device, Controller Device and Output Device. I also have "Enable output to plugin host" and "Enable input to plugin host" checked. That's it. You're done.

Alright, thanks mate =)

• From Facebook, new version.

Toast ME ver. 1.40

WINDOWS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvl1i6ip4ux7pxy/ToastME_1_40.rar…

MAC OS X : https://www.dropbox.com/s/177hioltesmu1w5/ToastME_1_40.dmg…

New features:

Parametric equaliser graphics view for:

Studio Equaliser

Metal Equaliser

Looper TAB FOR:

KPA Looper control

Timer for recording with the looper(CNT REC)

Settings TAB for:

MIDI delay between outgoing messages

Mouse wheel sensivity on knobs

Downloading Rig List on Connect

Unpack Backup to Local Disk Preset Folder(%Documents Folder%\ToastME_Presets\)

Right-Click Menu for Selecting Rigs.

Right-Click Menu saving to disk for:

Individual Effects/Stomp presets

Stomps Section Presets

Effects Section Presets

Right-Click Menu loadind from disk:

Individual Effects/Stomp presets

Amps

Cabs

Stomps Section Presets

Stack Presets

Effects Section Presets

Users Scales Presets

Input and Output Presets

Fixes:

Faster switching between FX's

Rate parameter fix

• More info on new version from Damian:

It will create a folder ToastME_Presets under os Documents folder
    It has structure like backup file
    It is for storing and loading presets from disk to overcome Stomps preset section issue.
    Under the settings tab it is a button called Unpack Presets from Backup it will unpack backup file to this folder.
    For now you can only store Stomp , stomps section , effect section and reverb
    When loading presets from file it will open dedicated folder from ToastME_Presets.
    When you want save individual stomp preset it will add (suggest) type name at the beginning with CAPS letters.

N.B. To obtain a backup file to 'unpack', perform a backup on the Kemper to USB stick then transfer the file (*.kpabackup) to your PC.

• ToastME ver. 1.40 is out!

Downloads:

New features:

• Parametric equaliser graphics view for:
      • Studio Equaliser
      • Metal Equaliser
    • Looper TAB for:
      • KPA Looper control
      • Timer for recording with the looper(CNT REC)
    • Settings TAB for:
      • MIDI delay between outgoing messages
      • Downloading Rig List on Connect
      • Mouse wheel sensivity on knobs
      • Unpack Backup to Local Disk Preset Folder(%Documents Folder%\ToastME_Presets\)
    • Right-Click Menu for Selecting Rigs
    • Right-Click Menu saving to disk:
      • Individual Effects/Stomp presets
      • Stomps Section Presets
      • Effects Section Presets
    • Right-Click Menu loading from disk:
      • Amps
      • Cabs - User Cabs
      • Stomps Section Presets
      • Stack Presets
      • Effects Section Presets
      • Users Scales Presets
      • Input and Output Presets

Fixes:

• Faster switching between FX's
    • Rate parameter fix

Update: Bought 2 Midi cabls today. It works! I'm happy.

Thanks again!