1x12 cab for KPA?

• Hello, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to gear so I'd like to ask just to make sure before I buy the cab I'm thinking of.
    Is the Harley Benton G112 Vintage a suitable choice to match with the KPA? I'm mostly reffering to the impedance and power rating of the cab (60W).

I won't be pushing it too far in terms of volume because I live in an apartment, so can this cab safely handle my Powerhead?

Thanks

• According to the link you provided... a Celestion Vintage-30 is a nice speaker, and an open-back cab is always sweet. If you keep the power reasonably down, you should be fine. Turn cab IR off for the power out, since you have a real speaker and cabinet.

When will my talent upgrade be released?

• If you play in your apartment dont use a real cab. Invest in two good nearfield active monitors and switch of the poweramp of your kpa. The difference is hughe and i bet you are happier with the sound and the solution. Use the cabs of the kpa when you play over monitors.Poweramp and 1x12 is a solution for gigin but not for an apartment. You cant get a good sound out of it at bedroom level. But overall i cant recomment a real cab at all. I tried it with a 2x12 mesa boogie v30 celestion and switched to active frfr. Much better and more versatile because i can use the caps of the kpa. Big diffrence but a paradigmenshift.

• Hello, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to gear so I'd like to ask just to make sure before I buy the cab I'm thinking of.
    Is the Harley Benton G112 Vintage a suitable choice to match with the KPA? I'm mostly reffering to the impedance and power rating of the cab (60W).

I won't be pushing it too far in terms of volume because I live in an apartment, so can this cab safely handle my Powerhead?

Thanks

The cab will colour all your profiles, but if you like Vintage 30's go for it. The cab will handle the power well as long as you don’t crank the Profiler.
    I also disagree with @Eltzejupp's statement that you can’t achieve a great sound at apartment levels.
    Personally, as a Greenback fan, I use a 1x12 Palmer cab with a Greenback in it at home with excellent results all the time.
    The Greenback is even lower rated at 25 W than the Vintage 30.

• I agree with what @Ingolf says above. I also use a Greenback but in a Vox Night Train cab. It can 'bark' a little when pushed hard but a small roll off of -1 treble and -1 presence (in the output menu - Monitor) seems to ease that. It's plenty loud for small gigs too. For bigger gigs, I have the same cab with a 200W EV12L (taken from a MkII Boogie - 30 years ago!). That's a nicely balanced speaker and it can go loud enough to have the sound engineer come down to the stage and negotiate! :evil:

• The cab will colour all your profiles, but if you like Vintage 30's go for it. The cab will handle the power well as long as you don’t crank the Profiler.I also disagree with @Eltzejupp's statement that you can’t achieve a great sound at apartment levels.
    Personally, as a Greenback fan, I use a 1x12 Palmer cab with a Greenback in it at home with excellent results all the time.
    The Greenback is even lower rated at 25 W than the Vintage 30.

Yeah, it‘s all subjective and only a hint. At least everyone decided for himselfes. I must say I wasted my time with the real cab and the 12“ isnt made for bedeoom level. The 12“ comes alive at louder level for sure. If you have a chance to compare do it.

Ah, and sorry, Ingolf and I play totally different
    kind of music. I am more into the gainier sounds and greenbacks are not my cup of tea.

• Yeah, it‘s all subjective and only a hint. At least everyone decided for himselfes. I must say I wasted my time with the real cab and the 12“ isnt made for bedeoom level. The 12“ comes alive at louder level for sure. If you have a chance to compare do it.
    Ah, and sorry, Ingolf and I play totally different
    kind of music. I am more into the gainier sounds and greenbacks are not my cup of tea.

1. Firstly I don’t think cab experience has anything to do with the amount of gain somebody prefers. Also for more modern type gain players it's generally easier to achieve their sound at lower levels because modern type distortion is mainly preamp distortion whereas vintage type distortion often contains a good portion of poweramp distortion (it's loud, guys). It's way easier to get a great sound at lower levels with my Satriani head than with any Vox AC 30 I ever possessed.
    2. Also Greenbacks and Vintage 30's are not night and day different. (I'm using a Marshall MR 1936 V with my Satriani Head, also great sounding at apartment levels, i.e. you don’t have to crank it to sound good.).
    3. Greenbacks are great for gain sounds with a slightly more loose bottom end. Just sayin'.