Thanks to Deadlight Studios for the "Dann Huff" profile

• I have, but I'm curious why you ask?

Cheers,

Mats N

he produced some of his bigest tunes as well as many other acts,,based in Nashville,,Dann Lee Huff (born November 15, 1960) is an American record producer and songwriter.[2] For his work as a producer in the country music genre he has won several awards including the Musician of the Year award in 2001, 2004, and 2016 at the Country Music Association Awards and the Producer of the Year award in 2006 and 2009 at the Academy of Country Music.[3] He is the father of American singer and songwriter Ashlyne Huff and brother of Giant and White Heart drummer David Huff.

Here is one of my all time fav tunes,, and solos,,,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4-qWZW6hY

• Nope. I have never heard of Dan Huff either. But not everyone will be famous around the globe.

well that is because you dont follow or you dont know the story of Sessions guitar players

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• well that is because you dont follow or you dont know the story of Sessions guitar players

Well that might be true but also I don't live in the same country. I've never cared about session muscians either and if I would interest in session musicians I would choose those much closer to me. You don't know nor care about any session muscian from where I live either. :whistling:

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Well that might be true but also I don't live in the same country. I've never cared about session muscians either and if I would interest in session musicians I would choose those much closer to me. You don't know nor care about any session muscian from where I live either. :whistling:

i dont know where you live,but i dont think that the session musicians from your country are famous like Dann Huff

• That's true but if you live outside US...

well im pretty sure in your country people know who is Madonna,Whitesnake,Michael Bolton,Mariah Carey,Céline Dion,Peter Cetera,Dann Huff did session work for those artists and many more

• well im pretty sure in your country people know who is Madonna,Whitesnake,Michael Bolton,Mariah Carey,Céline Dion,Peter Cetera,Dann Huff did session work for those artists and many more

Sure most ppl here know who they are but if I ask a Madonna, MB, MC, CD, PC who the musicians are behind the artists none, or at the most a very very few of them will know, or have ever cared to know. ^^ But that is the same for the rest of the world. They just listen to vocals and are unaware how important the music behind the vocals and how important the right producer/mixing engineer is. Anyone going to e.g. a Madonna concert won't point and ask I wonder who that guitarist is. Do you think it's Dan? :S

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Sure most ppl here know who they are but if I ask a Madonna, MB, MC, CD, PC who the musicians are behind the artists none, or at the most a very very few of them will know, or have ever cared to know. ^^ But that is the same for the rest of the world. They just listen to vocals and are unaware how important the music behind the vocals and how important the right producer/mixing engineer is. Anyone going to e.g. a Madonna concert won't point and ask I wonder who that guitarist is. Do you think it's Dan? :S

well that is not true,if you are a guitar player you are going to listen to the guitar on those records(that is what i do)and if you buy a cd let see from Madonna you can read on the cd credits who is playing the guitar,also you dont think the rest of the world know those session guitar player?i said yes.

• he produced some of his bigest tunes as well as many other acts,,based in Nashville,,Dann Lee Huff (born November 15, 1960) is an American record producer and songwriter.[2] For his work as a producer in the country music genre he has won several awards including the Musician of the Year award in 2001, 2004, and 2016 at the Country Music Association Awards and the Producer of the Year award in 2006 and 2009 at the Academy of Country Music.[3] He is the father of American singer and songwriter Ashlyne Huff and brother of Giant and White Heart drummer David Huff.

Here is one of my all time fav tunes,, and solos,,,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4-qWZW6hY

As the guy who started this thread, I'm very well aware of who Dann is and his history/importance.

But your questions was if I'd heard of Keith Urban. :D

I'm very well aware of his stuff as well.

Cheers,

Mats N

• As I Started out as a rock player,Dan was a MUST listen,took many lessons over his licks,,,, as guitar player,,and country guy,, I have followed Dan for years, jus thought most folks had heard of Giant,,my mistake,,I always assumed Dan had a lot to do with Keiths rock leanings guitar wise,seeing he was the producer and a monster player,,on some of his first studio efforts,,

Btw.. its how I found out about Keith Urban way back when he got started,,

thats all,,,I guess its a very big world out there,,,, music wise,,