When will Kemper 2 be released?

• What I meant is Kemper is not the only one who knows about the new product, also suppliers of parts that make up the Kemper could know something new is coming based on what parts Kemper orders from them. For instance a chip supplier receiving orders for a different or newer DSP processor or even if that supplier knows that the current processor will be out of production and won't be available anymore real soon can also be an indicator. I'm just listing possibilities where other people will know of an impending new product outside of the Kemper company.

What you mean was clear to me - I just didn't understand the connection to my quoted text ;)

• Hi,

I just wanted to add my .02; I'm a newbie to the digital realm of guitar rigs & one the reasons I've decided to forgo the Ace-FX platform is the number of iterations it has gone through in a lifespan of a Kemper. How many have there been altogether, four, or five in the last seven years? BTW, this reminds me of the annually held smartphone race for the "latest & greatest" whenever a new revision is announced, and I am an IT guy saying this! Having to even think about that in the context of my iPhone is enough, thank you very much.

To me, KPA's tone fidelity, demonstrated longevity, as well as the standard three-year warranty paired with support & free OS upgrades are very compelling reasons to invest in this platform. I would not mind having a KPA with no radical changes for a number of years, just like I would not expect a tube amp to be updated every single year.

But what do I know ;)

--
    Cheers!

When it comes to the tone, go for the jugular!

• the closet dealer

The closest dealer to you or directly from Kemper:

shop.kempermusic.com/gb?languages=1

We don't want him ordering wardrobes now do we, Shawn? Just being careful 'cause of the language-barrier thing and trying to make it as easy as possible for him.

• Sorry, what I want to ask is the way to buy these stickers. It's not Kemper, hahh

• Sorry, what I want to ask is the way to buy these stickers. It's not Kemper, hahh

Just look up happy kemper skins on facebook. I've just ordered one and waiting for delivery. :D

Edit for on topic: I hope if there's a Kemper 2 we'll be able to buy skins for it. ;)

• I agree with you but quite a few people on here want an upgrade for various reasons...but really interesting to hear your point of view. Seems to be a very sensitive subject on the forum at the moment :)

Oh I'm an IT guy as well...

• I agree with you but quite a few people on here want an upgrade for various reasons...but really interesting to hear your point of view. Seems to be a very sensitive subject on the forum at the moment :)
    Oh I'm an IT guy as well...

It's nice to meet you, then!

I certainly appreciate & understand the need for an Mk 2. However, I am in no position to suggest what it should be as I don't even have the Mk 1 yet. What I was trying to convey in my original post was that I would personally not have any issues adjusting to doing things the way the Mk 1 requires, even if it were remain unchanged, for many years to come. That's because I've never had the exposure to rig editing with the KPA, so I would be starting from scratch doing things as the KPA dictates - that would/will be my bottom line.

Having said that, I've read a lot of suggestions for the new software/hardware revisions, particularly from more seasoned users, and I think some of them sound very reasonable; for example, the fx editing process directly on the KPA, their assignment, or an official rig editor. Now - mind you - I am merely speaking from an observer's perspective and judge based on how sound those requests/expectations feel to me. Clearly the designers and engineers behind the product had imagined, based on their understanding, how most players would interact with the KPA. But, as the users have become more familiar both with the technology, as well as the competing platforms, it does not surprise me they see valid use-cases for revision two. That is a good thing, in most cases as it means that they identify themselves with the platform and wish, at least for some time, to stick with it.

The bottom line is that CK & Co, have no obligation to follow suit and implement those requests, because they have already delivered what was initially announced - a fantastic profiling amp/platform. Everything else can be improved, but it's - as we say where I live - extra gravy :) Ultimately, it may, or may not happen. The question I ask myself now is "will I be okay, if it does not happen", and my answer, at least for now, is "yeah, for sure".

Looking forward to hearing about more ideas!

--
    Cheers!

Edited 3 times, last by mmmaslowski: Stylistic corrections. ().

• I could not agree with you more :)

It would just be extra gravy for me as well.

I see couple of things I'd like in a Kemper 2 but nothing that would be a deal breaker. I would like a better editor just to make set ups quicker but its a nice to have rather than essential.

• I could not agree with you more :)

It would just be extra gravy for me as well.

I see couple of things I'd like in a Kemper 2 but nothing that would be a deal breaker. I would like a better editor just to make set ups quicker but its a nice to have rather than essential.

Exactly, nothing on the list of requests is a deal breaker for me either. My wish list would actually have just one, or two items - USB Audio interface, and a pair of AES/EBU for digital connectivity (less A-D/D-A sequences). But it’s cool if it doesn’t happen.

--
    Cheers!

• You can currently connect digitally via an adat conection.
    No more conversions than plugging right into your interface.

Thanks; yes, I am aware of that. I was referring to a similar scenario in which you could run, for example, Line 6's Helix as USB Audio interface directly instead of using separate interface for that purpose.

With respect to conversions, you see some cool stuff that Line 6 have done with their Line 6 Link (which is in line with the AES/EBU) where you can attach powered speakers digitally utilizing that connection. In this sense, there are no conversions but the initial A-D as everything else (signal-wise) remains digital.

None of these are deal-breakers to me.

--
    Cheers!

Edited once, last by mmmaslowski: Stylistic corrections. ().