When will Kemper 2 be released?

• Yeah, I'm entitled smart guy... did it not boot twice as fast when the kemper first came out. Processor and flash mem speed issues...duh ,any body else own a computer....can't even post a wish list without "me better"comment. last time I waste my time here..........................

With a post like this at least you don’t give the impression to be smart.

Kemper boot times in fact were reduced to a great amount. Therefore a statement that it booted twice as fast when it first came out is nothing but spreading misinformation.

The same goes for processor and flash memory issues which have been a non- issue for the nearly 7 years that I've been part of this forum.

Very lame.

• The thread's "revival" is a 2-for-1 offer, Ingy.

We get 2 requests based in ignorance of the facts as 1 Christmas present... and in the "jolly" spirit of Christmas, of course. :huh: :/:rolleyes::saint:

Sigh!

Thread titles like this one seem to attract the strangest of people, MM.

Have the bestest X-mas, man! ;)

• Well at least for me, boot time has not increased at all. Don't know why but do I care? Not the slightest.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Given that you can output in 96kHz, what do you think the internal system is running?

I'm talking about the input and the anti-aliasing filter wich is related to the sample rate.

By the way no need to repeat marketing arguments if you are not able to put your nose into the code and check it by yourself.

Oversampling is common in audio processing but oversampling a poor signal will give you a bad result.

The fact is that the profiler work with a low bandwith and can't render the particular top end of clean amps. They all sound the same and they sound flat and steril.

That's a major issue for me that make me sold mine.

The difference is obvious here and not related to the reverb.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you can't hear it it's just because you have a bad monitoring system and not because the Kemper is doing his job.

• I don't have any problems profiling clean amps and the profiles sound like the real amps, including the top end.

There are things that can go wrong in the whole profiling/refining process but if that would happen then I just re-profile and it's all good.

The video above shows a tone where I think something didn't go as it should, and he should have refined it again or do it all again until it sounds like the amp. The are many video examples with clean profiles that sounds like the amp.

Kemper VS Amps | My Amps Get Profiled | Tim Pierce

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper Amps Profiling Demonstration Live on Air with John Huldt on The Flo Guitar Enthusiasts

• By the way no need to repeat marketing arguments if you are not able to put your nose into the code and check it by yourself.

Well, forgive me for not having that capability and, for the record, I was not repeating marketing arguments. 96kHz shows up on the SPDIF settings.

That's a major issue for me that make me sold mine.

So, why are you still here?

You do know the Kemper has a tuner?

• If you can hear a major difference the issue is with how YOU were monitoring the Kemper compared to your traditional amps.

I think if Kemper released a hugely updated model you'd have the same issue. Stick with what works for you.

• You’re using a random YouTube video which has had audio compressed multiple times to justify your point.

I would rather have something that samples at 44.1 khz (the absolute limit of what people can hear) properly than something that samples at a higher rate with a risk of more noise and lag.

Also very few guitar speakers go more than 5 kHz.

• Hahaha! Sorry man but.. no. You should probably practice more.

• That’s definitely not a fact but an opinion.

You are, of course entitled to your opinion as others are to theirs.

In that clip there are some major differences in the tones that aren’t due to sample rates. The real Deluxe has a ton more reverb on it for starters. To my ears the real deluxe is a bit brighter but not in a good way. I find it a bit thin and harsh compared to the profile but that’s just taste too.

• Same here

• Same as what?

The Kemper still stands up to the real amp. There is a tiny bit of reverb or room ambience on the Tone King that isn’t on the Kemper though.

Are you making all your comparisons using other people’s highly compressed YouTube videos or have you done proper A/B testing side by side yourself? When I do blind A/B with the real amp they are pretty much indistinguishable. But where there are differences I almost always find that it’s the Kemper I prefered.

• You would be surprised how much a 2dB treble boost affects the perception of "top end sparkle" ... and what I'm trying to say by this: The real amp is recorded through microphone and Paul sits just roughly 1.5 meters away from the microphone strumming the guitar. Just this little bit of acoustic sound can already make quite a difference. And he's not playing his amp very loud with volume set to 3.5 only, so there's a good chance the microphone picks up just a little of the trebly acoustic strumming.

Not saying that this explains ALL of the audible difference, but some of it for "Shure".