When will Kemper 2 be released?

• mba , he said he felt he could tweak the Kemper Profile to sound "pretty-indistinguishable" from the real amp. He also anticipated gigging with it "soon".

Also, he appeared to not have Profiled before (downloaded the manual), or even to have refined the result.

All things considered, the Kemper passed with flying colours both IMHO and apparently his.

• In the video of posting #68 there is an audible difference between the Kemper an the Deluxe Reverb. Although the Deluxe Reverb is my alltime favorite tube amp, I must say that the Kemper sounds better to my ears in that video. The difference between both is nothing that couldn´t be equaled with a few tweaks.

The video in #77: same thing but much closer, both marvelous clean sounds, with negligible differences, that could easily be gapped.

For me, two testimonials, that the Kemper can do clean amps very well.

"Wenn´s net brummt, is kaputt"

• I agree, Beppo.

In fact, IMHO the Profile in the last video that sounded most-different actually exhibited much-better note articulation. In a mix context and even in live / jamming situations this can't be a bad thing. Broken chords' individual picked notes were way easier to discern IMHO.

• Ok, staying on topic....

I certainly hope that the Kemper2 will NOT be made to improve the clean amp reproduction accuracy. It is good enough already for 99.99% of the population of both musicians and audience I believe.

There are tons of great ideas here in this thread from small form factor to lots of features that would be great for the KP2.

Sorry but a spectrum analyser has no opinion and if i still have it i could post a comparaison.

I was going to say that please post these as Nyquist called and he would like to see how sampling at 700+ KHz is not enough for a 5 KHz signal but then I realized that it does not matter.

The people who listen to music have actual human ears with all the imperfections of human hearing. So a spectrum analysis or a scope image matters really little to them. Naturally I am not against spectrum analyzers or oscilloscopes in general (I use them for hobby projects all the time) just don't believe that they are the right tool to judge the human perceived sound quality of a device.

The fact is that the profiler work with a low bandwith and can't render the particular top end of clean amps. They all sound the same and they sound flat and steril.

That's a major issue for me that make me sold mine.

Low bandwidth (correct spelling). Never mind the spelling but you state that as a fact! Based on what? The only fact that I'm seeing here is that you sold your Kemper so now you have to justify that fact by creating "alternative facts" similar to those that are passed around in American Politics for those who follow that LOL.

Regarding bandwidth and according to Kemper himself the internal sampling rate is well above the understanding of the non-electrical/software engineers among us "The algorithm for the tube simulation runs on more than 700 kHz sampling rate (!)."

Here's the link for the interview.

https://www.guitar-muse.com/kemper-profiling-amp-2949-2949

Move on bro, if the KPA doesn't work for you, you really don't have to make up "alternative facts" to emotionally justify your personal decision. Many who own tube amps alongside the Kemper know that it's the closest alternative to owning a tube amp.

• I think he's fixated on the A/D's SR, Dean; at least, I've seen some who seem to be.

For those who fall into this category, consider that the high-quality A/D's purpose (and D/A for that matter) is to accurately capture the relatively-low-bandwidth signal emanating from a guitar-amp cabinet. It's technically way-over-spec'd for this purpose, which is why it works so well digitising mic-preamps, outboard-EQ's, compressors, stomps and other sound sources as well.

The high internal SR is employed to minimise rounding errors that would otherwise be incurred by the DSP processes involved in rendering the output signal. Once a Rig / Profile is transformed, it's downsampled to the original larger-than-it-needs-to-be window of 44.1kHz. I'm still not clear (is anyone?) on whether or not the S/PDIF output, when set to higher rates, is an upscaled version of this "original" 44.1kHz signal or if indeed the high-SR-rendered Profile is scaled directly to whichever output rate one's chosen.