Kemper Crackling

• Hi all, I’m at a sound check with a hire power head. Installed all of my performances and all was well for about half an hour then it started crackling like an egg frying. The crackle is on both monitor and main outs and is present even when the pupils are fully down. Any thoughts?

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Thanks man but no, cables all changed and It’s crackling like a full Scottish breakfast

• Could be anything between damaged kpa to damaged periphery. Not helpful but we haven't holes in our hands and we couldn't go over water. ;)

Hope it's this cable thing, this would be the first to check. Good point to start is to remove every cable and hear over an headphone what happens.

• because it's a hired kpa, have you checked input and outputsection? Can you check the device to other hardware? Make sure that the groundlifts are setted correctly ( not all off).

Hth

• Yes, it was fine for about 30 minutes and then started crackling at all outputs then got steadily worse, unlikely to be software I think as that would have happened as soon as I installed my performances. Have reset firmware and problem still there

• Na, i dont think it's a performance, because you played 30 minutes without an issue. If it's the software, it has to be damaged from the start.

It must be a hardware problem. What happens when you not use the poweramp and mainouts direct to foh?
    If the crackling is away than it is the powersection of the kpa. I've heard about problems with the build in poweramp several times. One point why i am playing an unpowered kpa.