Free Modded Marshall JMP 2203 Merged Profiles (Friedman/Cameron/Jose) on Rig Exchange

• These are really excellent. Liam has done us proud here. More mid gain profiles etc would definitely be cool.

I tried a more old school cab on these (both the DIs and some of the others) with great results - I borrowed a 1960a cab with 70s era 25w greenbacks from a profile on RE (1959RR Ch2 Vol 6 by David Gerard Burns). It is miced with a single 57 and does the business on Marshalls pretty consistently. Between the V30 sound and the GB sound this amp covers a massive amount of ground.

• These are really excellent. Liam has done us proud here. More mid gain profiles etc would definitely be cool.

I tried a more old school cab on these (both the DIs and some of the others) with great results - I borrowed a 1960a cab with 70s era 25w greenbacks from a profile on RE (1959RR Ch2 Vol 6 by David Gerard Burns). It is miced with a single 57 and does the business on Marshalls pretty consistently. Between the V30 sound and the GB sound this amp covers a massive amount of ground.

Glad you like them!. I'm partial to a good greenback/creamback also. I used Celestion Neo Creamback's till recently when I blew both up in my 2X12!!!

I'm actually doing some more profiles right now. A few with the same settings as the standard 3 gain and 4 gain stage profiles with and without the diode clipping before but with the presence upped on the amp plus a few mid gain/crunch and edge of breakup tones.

Also remember the Pre Amp only profiles are just that, pre amp only, no power section captured from the amp in the profile. They are really meant to be used through a valves power amp into a real cab. But if people like them with just a cab in the kemper attached then what sounds good, sounds good!.

• OK, I've uploaded a second batch of profiles tonight.

These focus on mainly mid gain, crunch and edge of breakup tones. There is also a few profiles in the vain of the original higher gain profiles, but with the presence and treble dialed in higher on the amp to open the tone up a touch for the dudes that would like to hear the tone a little more open with a touch more bite and cut.

They keys for the naming convention follows the last batch but with a few new additions:

3GS = 3 gain stages
    L = Low Input on amp
    MIDS = Mids cranked on 10
    PRES 4/6 = Presence on 4 or 6
    PRES 6+ = Presence on 6 plus treble dialed to 8
    ZENER = Zener diode clipping enabled
    EDGE = Edge of breakup gain level
    CRUNCH = Crunch level of gain
    MID GAIN = Mid level of gain

One again just search for Liam Thompson or JMP 2203 MOD

Enjoy

• You rock, Liam. <3

Hey, I was going to respond to Antipodes right now, but when I hit "Reply" a post I thought I'd made yesterday popped up; I must've forgotten to hit the "Submit" button, so here 'tis anyway:

Thanks Nicky haha. So much for checking 5 times over to make sure I hadn't made those exact type of mistakes when I was tagging. Do you know if these can be edited by me in the exchange or would it take another upload? Believe me I am bothered to the nth degree consistency has to be key on these things haha.

Great to know it's not just I who checks everything so many times, Liam. Glad to be of service, mate.

EDIT: It's OK @Monkey_Man found the options!

It sounds like you found a way to edit them on the exchange, but I was going to suggest deleting them, editing them offline and re-uploading them. Is that what you had to do?

I borrowed a 1960a cab with 70s era 25w greenbacks from a profile on RE (1959RR Ch2 Vol 6 by David Gerard Burns).

Well I'll be. That was my and my brother's favourite Rig for his LP for a long time (still might be - I haven't seen or heard from him in a year), and I banged on about it quite a bit here. Doesn't quite cut it for Strat-style guitars IMHO, but for his LP it had a special vintage feel and graininess that we both loved.

EDIT:
    You posted whilst I was typing, Liam.

Thank you, mate!

• Hi Nicky.

There is the option on the Kemper Home page once you are logged in at the top right corner to view your rigs that you have uploaded. In there you can edit all the tags online without having to re-upload.

• Fantastic to hear that you found this too, mate.

I feel a little bad that whenever I banged on here about that Rig, nobody who tried it got very excited, and I suspect it's 'cause they weren't using LP's. I remember suggesting rolling the highs off a little, which would've helped the Strats but happened also to bring the Rig "to life" for my brother's LP. Lower treble in this case meant more mojo for sure.

Pity I can't get him over here to try Liam's Rigs with the LP. Looks like it'd have sounded fantastic.

• thank you very much Liam!! <3
    I'll try them ASAP!!

• Fantastic to hear that you found this too, mate.

I feel a little bad that whenever I banged on here about that Rig, nobody who tried it got very excited, and I suspect it's 'cause they weren't using LP's. I remember suggesting rolling the highs off a little, which would've helped the Strats but happened also to bring the Rig "to life" for my brother's LP. Lower treble in this case meant more mojo for sure.

Pity I can't get him over here to try Liam's Rigs with the LP. Looks like it'd have sounded fantastic.

Sounds like I need to give the Randy Rhodes rig a blast, got a '89 Les Paul Standard to put through it.

• Great update - thanks! Really enjoy the PRES versions.

PS @'Monkey_Man I for one enjoy the RR too :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Monkey Man, with your extreme attention to detail you claim, I am very surprised to see your profile picture is in fact an APE and not a MONKEY. Get it sorted. :D

These are indeed great profiles Liam. A fine gesture sharing them with us.

• Hmm... the avatar. Well, my excuse is threefold:

1) It's not my "proper" avatar, although that one is in fact a chimp.
    2) If you cross a monkey with a human you get a chimp (monkey man).
    3) Chimps, gorillas and orang-utans have more-obvious "character" than monkeys.

These statements are not endorsed by Kemper or any known entity with any integrity. YMMV. :D

Yes, judging by what everyone's said Liam's done a fine job. I can't wait 'til I've got my audio gear hooked up again and can give 'em a whirl. They've shot to the top of my list to try as soon as it's possible.

Well done again, Liam. 8o

PS @'Monkey_Man I for one enjoy the RR too

Woohoo! That's great, man! 8o

• Yeah, the amp settings also on the higher gain ones are my live settings that I use with the real amp, so may be a touch dark for some. Once Fletcher–Munson does it's thing when playing loud it sits just right for me. The presence setting I use use on the amp is only 2 out of 10, I could do a few profiles with the presence set a bit higher for more bite and cut when I get time this week?
    I'll also do a few crunch and edge of breakup tones with and without a TS9 boosting.

I would like to see a bit more bite if you redid some profiles. In a two guitar band, I prefer more top end to cut through. I definitely preferred the 3 tube versions for their clarity.