Free Modded Marshall JMP 2203 Merged Profiles (Friedman/Cameron/Jose) on Rig Exchange

• These are great, thank you!

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Yeah this is great - thanks. Amazing how the characters of the stomps are retained (the ones I know SD-1, Rat, and TS9)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hi Steinberger1967 . Is it on a particular profile or all of the latest ones?

I'm wondering if its an issue with firmware versions. I'm using the latest 5.6.2.13481 Spring Reverb Preview and created these profiles using this beta.

In the X Slot should be the Quad Chromatic Delay (Del 4) set to 0 ms delay on the left side and 25 ms on the right side and delay I use if for stereo thickening or add 3.2 detune in the setting and it is set to as close a settings as I can get to the Eventide H910/H949 micropitch setting. So what you are hearing is probably he correct effect but it is showing on your profiler as a dist loop effect.

• Thank you very much Liam.

Just a question: did you cut some high frequencies?

I find them not very open or airy, they have a very little presence...

I tried them with strato and les paul.

Thanks again!

• Thank you very much Liam.

Just a question: did you cut some high frequencies?

I find them not very open or airy, they have a very little presence...

I tried them with strato and les paul.

Thanks again!

I generally low pass at around 12 to 10 kHz as I like to mic right on the edge of the cap seam on the speaker which can be quite bright on Marshall type circuits, running V30's and an SM57, but introduces a little fizz that I don't like to hear.

I generally prefer sounds a touch darker as these settings are to be used at high gig volumes on the real amp, in a recorded mix I'd be tempted to set more treble on the amp to help them cut.

What are you playing them through? Generally I use either a real Mesa Cab 2X12 the one which is the cab I profiled with. Straight through the PA, or if at home through Grado headphones or a Friedman ASM-12 wedge.

• Hi Liam,

Thanks for the explination about the x-slot. it explains a lot. I'm indeed not on the beta version and in my kemper when pushing the button it indicates to be the loop distortion. I was quite puzzled to hear the difference in sound when turning on or off the "loop" ;-).

Now it is quite clear.

Anyway, really fantastic profiles! I like them quite a lot...

Best regards,

Chris

• I generally low pass at around 12 to 10 kHz as I like to mic right on the edge of the cap seam on the speaker which can be quite bright on Marshall type circuits, running V30's and an SM57, but introduces a little fizz that I don't like to hear.

I generally prefer sounds a touch darker as these settings are to be used at high gig volumes on the real amp, in a recorded mix I'd be tempted to set more treble on the amp to help them cut.

What are you playing them through? Generally I use either a real Mesa Cab 2X12 the one which is the cab I profiled with. Straight through the PA, or if at home through Grado headphones or a Friedman ASM-12 wedge.

Hi Liam, I use Kemper @ home with Hi-Fi Teac A-R600 + Indian passive speaker, @ live I use Yamaha DXR10.

In my opinion if you cut these freq during the profiling, you can't recover them after.

Cililab, Nick K and others, profile amps naturally (or with very little freq cut) and after they cut bad freq with an eq il slot X: I find it perfect 'cause you can choose the amount rough.

I've already tried to raise presence and highs in your rigs, but it's not the same thing 'cause those frequencies have been lost at the source.

I'm sorry if I comment your FREE rigs: I respect you for this, believe me.

Thanks again! <3

A.

P.S.: you can try to cut over 15 kHz only for a test 3 or 4 rigs

• I'm a bit late to the party but I just want to thank Liam for these profiles of a great amp. Very cool that you've done some tweaks and updates. Ive saved a few in my performances but alas its only for home use as I've retired myself from live gigs, which is where I think these will shine most, but you just never know when this old fart might just decide to rock out with my........er Kemper? 8o

• Wow Liam! Thanks for the profiles! They all really sound great! Really nice tones there. I'm new to to this. Downloaded your profiles off the rig exchange. Really nice.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR