Confused about whether the left side "Gtr" output options for SPDIF are Gtr Analog or Gtr Studio level (?)

• Hey Everybody,

Quick question (and I promise I did indeed read the manual before posting this): So I'm wanting to record/reamp exclusively over SPDIF using one wet (stack) mono channel to monitor and record while tracking (and maybe use later) and one clean mono channel for possible reamping later (if I change my mind on the wet tone). I'm a little confused about the SPDIF output options, as the only one clearly confirmed to be "reamp ready" without a DI box is the "Git Studio" output, which sends out dual mono/stereo clean signal, whereas all the other options are split out as "Gtr/Stack. Gtr/Mod Mono", etc. So is the left side "Gtr" output of those options Gtr Studio level, where it's all set tor reamp without a DI box? If not, shouldn't it be? Otherwise it seems the only way to do what I'm wanting to is the record the wet channel via analog out instead while simultaneously recording one of the 2 (or both) SPDIF Git. Studio outputs....Does that makes sense or arm I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

• Thank you for your reply. What I'm really asking, though, is whether the left side "Gtr" output options over SPDIF are "Gtr Analog" or "Git Studio", and if they are in fact "Gtr Analog", is that signal ready to reamp without a DI box (?).

• The Git signal over SPIDF is suitable for reamping without a DI Box. Differences in level between the two should be irrelevant as you will need to set the input level on your Interface/DAW to match the signal coming from the KPA. If, for example the Git Studio is a higher level signal than your interface can handle you will need to back off the level in the interface. If the level coming from the Git Analogue isn't strong enough you will need to increase this at the interface.

EDIT: I have just run a test and I get the same exact signal from Git(Left) and Studio(right) over SPIDF into Logic. When I reamp over SPIDF and record the Main Outputs to a new track the two are indistinguishable and even the levels match. Anytime I have recorded over SPIDF previously I have always used Git/Stack or just used Master Stereo and send the Analogue guitar signal out the Direct Out to your interface if you want to record the full Rig in stereo plus have a DI for reamping.