Post profiling? Adding a cab to a DI profile

• I did some DI profiles late last year but was thinking the other day would it be possible to use that existing DI profile and and add in a poweramp/cab (not using the cab manager)

But using the DI profile in the chain when doing the profile

I guess it’s more a CK question and the average user might not interest them but thought it could be cool!

• wait, you mean like profiling itself? Like, running a cable from the direct send to the idk alternative input or something routing the profile signal into itself then out to the poweramp cab and mic section of the amp to complete the loop and add it to the DI profile?

• Something like that.... using the exisiting DI profile but then baking in the cab doing another profile.

Is this much different from a merged one? I’ll have to re read haha

• Yeah idk, I think it's pretty much the same thing but maybe someone wants to clarify lol

I think if you just select the DI profile and the hold the Cab button down, you could then turn the browse knob and select a cab from a merged profile.

• Here's the procedure I use. Pick a profile with the cab you want - studio or merged. Lock the cab on. Select the DI profie you want to run through that cab. You can then hear how the combination sounds. If you like it, save the new combination with a new name.

If you want to add your own cab, you could create a merged or studio profile with another amp and your cab of interest. Then you could add that cab to any DI profile.