Latest rig manager no longer recognizes Kemper - Windows 7

• If it is so, why do so many crashes pop up immediately after the release of the „ stable“ update? I had the problem with win 7 and my colleague with win 10, like others here.

Never had a problem before. There must be something missing.

nobody is talking about crashes here. it's a common phenomena that you get a support peak once you turn a beta into a release. that's because loads of people install the version who were reluctant to install a beta. on top, there is always a certain percentage of people who face an issue when updating. it's just a fact of life.

what doesn't help is mixing things up: you talk about a crash nobody else is talks about here. and you talk about windows 10 whereas the issue here is purely windows 7 related and only if the installation is not up to date. that's not helpful.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• If you don't want Rig Manager to nag you about updates, please open the Preferences window and switch off "Automatically check for software updates". If you still want to update Rig Manager while keeping an outdated operating system, you might want to try KB3004394, followed by KB3024777. But I haven't explicitly tried only installing those on a fresh W7 installation.

• nobody is talking about crashes here. it's a common phenomena that you get a support peak once you turn a beta into a release. that's because loads of people install the version who were reluctant to install a beta. on top, there is always a certain percentage of people who face an issue when updating. it's just a fact of life.
    what doesn't help is mixing things up: you talk about a crash nobody else is talks about here. and you talk about windows 10 whereas the issue here is purely windows 7 related and only if the installation is not up to date. that's not helpful.

Crash was the wrong word ( that native speaker thing)....
    What i meant is, is doesn’t work without testing different procedures

• 2.1.26 was the solution for my colleagues win 10. The new update can be installed but the kpa is not visible. Back to 2.1.26 , kpa is visible. Fix?

• How do I down grade to this previous version of RM?

In the download section all I see is the latest version. Is there a link to archive builds?

Thanks

• 2.1.26 was the solution for my colleagues win 10. The new update can be installed but the kpa is not visible. Back to 2.1.26 , kpa is visible. Fix?

Though the thread was about Windows 7, the same applies for Windows 10 (and all other Operating Systems for personal computers): You should not prevent updates/certificate updates.

To determine what exactly fails you might contact support and check the device manager ("WIN+X" -> Device Manager) and check the Profiler device. If it has an exclamation mark on it, open the device properties sheet and check the error message.

Of course I can't tell for sure that it is not a bug on our side, but I am pretty confident.

• Or, you could update Windows 7 critical updates until they're current, and also enjoy the new Rig Manager, and all the subsequent new RM's, that will also require a CA update.

A lot of us here are in the IT industry, myself included. If you want to tell us what you think is going to break, by upgrading your Win7 version, maybe we can help you with this.

Otherwise, you're stuck at one version of RM that still works, and there won't be much sympathy.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• If you want help from Kemper support, create a ticket. This is a user forum.

The Win7 critical updates solve the problem you are experiencing, but you'd rather go on this tirade instead.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms