Latest rig manager no longer recognizes Kemper - Windows 7

• Hi there

I have updated to the latest rig manager (prompted when running rig manager to update) and I can no longer see my Kemper in rig manager.

I have rebooted both devices and nothing. Was working perfectly fine before, so not an issue with my USB cable.

I am using Kemper OS 5.1.1.12825

Does the latest rig manager require latest Kemper os to work/sync?

I really dont want to update to latest Kemper OS as I am happy with the one I am using.

Many thanks

• You need to update Windows 7 to the latest updates available. There is a root certificate update which is necessary to validate the driver signature properly.

It‘s a shame to get informations about this updating thing only when reporting bugs. It is obvious that many of us have big problems with this updating. I am on win7 and when i started the beta rm it says new update is there. Starting the procedure from rm didnt work as reported seperatly. Ok, problem solved after one hour of testing. I had to remove the beta completely and to install an older versuon. From there the update in rm works.

Yesterday i was in the rehearshalroom from a friend of mine. Win 10. Installed the update, kpa not there. Also hslf an hour of testing different routines. No way to see the kpa. Solution: Installed an older release and the Kpa is there but not with the .41 version.

So it needs windowsupdate to make the rm update run? Nice information after wasted time and getting frustated.

Great tennis!

• I had the same issue on windows 10. I went to the usb settings and clicked on the profiler and then updated the driver ( i used the search for driver option and looked in programs/kemper and then driver folder). Sorted it straight away

• I had the same issue on windows 10. I went to the usb settings and clicked on the profiler and then updated the driver ( i used the search for driver option and looked in programs/kemper and then driver folder). Sorted it straight away

Oh thank you so much for this advice laddie!
    That sorted the problem right. How did you find this out, wow!
    Thanks so much!

• Oh thank you so much for this advice laddie!That sorted the problem right. How did you find this out, wow!
    Thanks so much!

hi @RookGarner I had had a similar issue with my last laptop which broke last week. A bit of trial and error setting up the new laptop and I came up with the same solution. I hope it helps others..

• This fix isn't working for me.... it says the driver is up to date, but it won't install it because it can't verify the digital signature.
    We need a better fix other than "Install every latest update from Microsoft"!!!

Agreed @RockmanCentralBob........this was a fix just to get up and running. I’m sure the mothership will sort soon enough, but I suggest you log a Helpdesk ticket in any case.

Have you tried disabling/removing the kemper in usb settings and then trying to reinstall. Other options are back up the rig manager. remove through windows programmer remover and then reinstall and if needs be then search the driver under c:/ drive under the programs/kemper folder. Worth a shot. Make sure you back up correctly and save a copy of the profiler back up into another folder just in case...good luck.

Oh you may need to do in admin mode..

Edited once, last by Deej09 ().

• let’s hope it works....it would be interesting to see if it does..

Cheers guys.

Its such a pain but will try these suggestions.

Just wish I never updated it when it prompted me to

Hey @RockmanCentralBob I hope you sort and you shouldn’t need to downgrade to get it working. As you are on an older version how about upgrading to the latest version and then trying the driver upgrade as I suggested as it may work. At least you know you can go back to the version that’s working now. There are some features like folders and sub folders that would be a shame to miss out on in the meantime....

I ended up uninstalling Rig Manager and downgraded it a couple of versions till it worked again.
    I may try reinstalling the Rig Manager update but leaving the older Kemper Drivers to see if that works.
    Otherwise, I'll just keep using the older version of Rig Manager till Kemper comes up with a fix.

• What if I don't want to Update Windows 7?I have it working how I like and I'm not a big fan of Microsoft updates in general.... they tend to add additional restrictions that I don't want on my system.
    (And yes, I am a software engineer so I know what I'm talking about)

At the very least, can you provide the specific update that is required?

He told you Root Certificate updates are what's necessary. It's not Kemper's job, or problem, to fix Microsoft/cert issues. If you don't want to run the newest RM, don't update MS.

If you are truly a software engineer, shouldn't you know about root certificates and driver signing?

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• What if I don't want to Update Windows 7?I have it working how I like and I'm not a big fan of Microsoft updates in general.... they tend to add additional restrictions that I don't want on my system.
    (And yes, I am a software engineer so I know what I'm talking about)

At the very least, can you provide the specific update that is required?

The signature of drivers is mandatory. One needs certificates from a CA to do so. The CA will sign the certificate with it's own certificate. These certificates are called Root Certificates. The are sometimes revoked or new (root) certificates which must be updated in the client systems that want to run such signed drivers like ours.

There is nothing we can do about it. You can check the Windows support pages or enable Windows Updates.

I can see no good reason for holding back updates in general, our development is always targeted to the supported Windows versions.

• Actually, I'm a little bit shocked about what I'm reading here. We are not talking about feature updates that might break anything in your Windows installation, but just important updates, which are usually for security reasons (by the way, Windows 7 feature updates stopped with the end of basic support in January 2015 anyway). Any Windows system connected to the Internet should be up-to-date, otherwise it is under high risk of becoming malware-infected. I've actually seen that happen - just booting and waiting for a minute was enough to get a virus, because the system didn't have all the latest security updates installed. If you want an example, read about the malware "WannaCry".
    As Timo pointed out, signing drivers is mandatory. Certificates have a limited lifetime, and ours expired end of last year. With the newer certificate, Windows simply needs an update to be able to verify the driver signing. There is nothing we can do about it on our end.
    I tried to find out more about which update is required, but that information is hard to find. It could even be more than one update, and I'm not willing to waste some days by setting up an old Windows 7 system, then installing several hundreds of updates one by one and check which was the critical one.

• It‘s a shame to get informations about this updating thing only when reporting bugs. It is obvious that many of us have big problems with this updating. I am on win7 and when i started the beta rm it says new update is there. Starting the procedure from rm didnt work as reported seperatly. Ok, problem solved after one hour of testing. I had to remove the beta completely and to install an older versuon. From there the update in rm works.

the update was in public beta test for several weeks. to us it feels very stable, judging by the amount of problems reported. if it wouldn't, we wouldn't have turned it into a release version.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• the update was in public beta test for several weeks. to us it feels very stable, judging by the amount of problems reported. if it wouldn't, we wouldn't have turned it into a release version.

If it is so, why do so many crashes pop up immediately after the release of the „ stable“ update? I had the problem with win 7 and my colleague with win 10, like others here.

Never had a problem before. There must be something missing.

• Should beProfiler Operating System 5.5.0 Public Beta

Yes, but not the beta rm.
    How have you done the rm update? Just out if the rm beta rm version? That‘s what we are talking about. RM beta on computer, automatic updates clicked, new version to install poped up, install pressed and it didn’t work. That was my case. I didn’t work with my win 7 and with my colleagues win 10. We had to waste a lot of time to get it running as described.

• Yes, but not the beta rm.How have you done the rm update? Just out if the rm beta rm version? That‘s what we are talking about. RM beta on computer, automatic updates clicked, new version to install poped up, install pressed and it didn’t work. That was my case. I didn’t work with my win 7 and with my colleagues win 10. We had to waste a lot of time to get it running as described.

I had the Beta of RM installed before. STarting up RM it stated that it needed an update, clicked yes. And after that everything has still been working.