MIDI connection question for pedalboard

• Hey guys.
    I'm sure you can help me with this one.
    So, I'm thinking of putting a wee pedalboard together, as I would rather not use the Kemper live.
    Thinking of putting together a two note preamp along with the torpedo cab and a Nova system. The Nova I already own
    I'm wondering if I could control the preamp and the torpedo with the Nova system presets.
    The Nova has MIDI in, out and thru. The preamp has MIDI in and out, while the Cab has MIDI in.
    Is it as simple as:
    Nova midi out - Preamp midi in- Preamp midi out- Cab midi in ?

Is this correct? If so, could be a very nice simple setup.
    I'm thinking of plugging in the guitar to the preamp and have the Nova in the preamps fx loop, But I would use the preset buttons on the Nova for patch changes.

I appreciate the input.
    Peace :thumbup:

• Thanks buddy. :)
    Just seen this on their site:
    5 basic functions can be accessed through MIDI Program Changes (PC) sent by an external MIDI device :

• Canal A
    • Canal B
    • Cold Fusion
    • Hot Fusion
    • Bypass

In other words, your Le Preamp can receive a MIDI PC asking for bypass or channel switch. Any MIDI message received will be transmitted to the MIDI output (MIDI Thru function).
    When using Le Preamp as a MIDI controller, you will be able to send a MIDI PC to trigger preset changes on another MIDI device, such as a Torpedo C.A.B. or an FX unit.

Is this what we want?

• Thanks again. :D Excelent!
    One last silly question( Not very Midi clever I'm afraid)
    When it sends a command thru it doesn't mean its unaffected right? It also Is receiving the same command I gather?

• Hi guys!.

I have an issue with the Torpedo C.A.B. using the kemper’s effects loop. After many attempts I ended up with no results. When I look at the Torpedo C.A.B. software, I can see a signal coming in from the Kemper, but nothing is coming back from that Torpedo C.A.B. I am also using a Scarlett 18i8 interface, so for now, that’s my setup. So, can someone help me with the proper connections and configuration, please, thank you !:)

Pierre

• Hi guys!.

I have an issue with the Torpedo C.A.B. using the kemper’s effects loop. After many attempts I ended up with no results. When I look at the Torpedo C.A.B. software, I can see a signal coming in from the Kemper, but nothing is coming back from that Torpedo C.A.B. I am also using a Scarlett 18i8 interface, so for now, that’s my setup. So, can someone help me with the proper connections and configuration, please, thank you !:)

Pierre

Hello,

Your question may not get answered in a discussion about MIDI. I suggest you create a new discusssion, and use a title that will get the attention of Torpedo users.