Latest Rig Manager Release does not find the Profiler anymore

• Hi laddies,

The Kemper is on 5.5.0.13341B and Rig Manager is the latest Release V 2.1.41.13351.
    I have no communication between Rig Manager and the Kemper - at all. Multiple restarts etc. did not help.

I'm on Windows 10 64-Bit, 1803, all drivers up to date etc.
    But Rig Manager does not find the Profiler.

• I'm running a Mac (Sierra). The new Rig Manager software does not recognize Kemper. I can't upgrade to latest version of Mac OS (High Sierra) because several music software apps don't work with Higher Sierra. How do I downgrade Rig Manager software?

• I'm running a Mac (Sierra). The new Rig Manager software does not recognize Kemper. I can't upgrade to latest version of Mac OS (High Sierra) because several music software apps don't work with Higher Sierra. How do I downgrade Rig Manager software?

I am not a mac users - is there a way to reinstall the Kemper drivers (assuming MACs use drivers!!)

• And whats the solution for Mac? I am already running the lates MacOS, the latest Rig Manager and the lastest Profiler Firmware. But it dont recognize the Kemper

Solved! It was the cable

Time is like a prison cell for those whose crime is loneliness

Edited once, last by DocRock5150 ().

• I had the same trouble. The latest Rig manager doesn't recognise the profiler on both Sierra's - 10.13.3 and 10.13.4 as well. Tech support didn't give ma an answer on my questions regarding this issue yet.

I've tried the new rig manager on Mavericks and it works flawless.

But when I run the Rig manager on High Sierra the profiler gets stuck and does not respond.

Edited 2 times, last by greeb'ok ().

• I had the same trouble. The latest Rig manager doesn't recognise the profiler on both Sierra's - 10.13.3 and 10.13.4 as well. Tech support didn't give ma an answer on my questions regarding this issue yet.

which version of Rig Manager do you have installed?

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• which version of Rig Manager do you have installed?

I use the Version 2.1.41 (13350).

UPD. Burkhard Dinnies from your tech support has answered but unfortunately it looks like I received an answer from a bot which didn't dig into my problem and did not read my messages at all. I described my trouble three times but I always received the same mantra about "Init&Factory Content". Though I already tried it even before the support answered for the first time.

So probably I'd better describe the problem here.

I used my Kemper amp about two years and worked flawlessly until I moved to High Sierra (I updated my OSX only because the new generation of Logic X required it).
    I didn't work on the Profiler about three months long since I moved to High Sierra from El Capitan. Recently I switched the amp OFF and have seen that it does not respond and the Rig manager didn't recognise it and made the amp frozen and not responding. I thought that the reason was in the Profiler - I've reset it, re-installed the firmware and so on. And it worked flawlessly as a a standalone device. But when I connected it via USB to my mac pro 5.1 the story has repeated - the rig manager not recognised it and when I clicked on any preset among the collection the preset loaded into the amp very very slowly (up to 10 seconds) and then the profiler didn't respond anymore. I've checked it with the other USB cable but it didn't help (though all my cables are in great working order).

Then I loaded the older OSX (Mavericks) and installed the same latest version of Rig Manager and it worked great - the synchronisation process have started right away and the profiler responded quickly as it should.
    Thus obviously the reason was the latest OSX High Sierra. I didn't get a proper working connection between the rig and the amp on the both 10.13.3 and 10.13.4 versions of OSX.

Please help..

P.S. BTW! - When I just bought my amp I had similar troubles with Manager - Rig Manager Problems

Edited 4 times, last by greeb'ok: More info provided ().

• Then I loaded the older OSX (Mavericks) and installed the same latest version of Rig Manager and it worked great - the synchronisation process have started right away and the profiler responded quickly as it should.
    Thus obviously the reason was the latest OSX High Sierra. I didn't get a proper working connection between the rig and the amp on the both 10.13.3 and 10.13.4 versions of OSX.

i'm not a bot :) and I have 10.13.4 here (which syncs fine). can't promise that we'll be able to sort you out before the weekend but we'll take a chance to look into this with you from a different perspective for sure. check your emails and we go from there.

• i'm not a bot :)

Good news! 8o
    I may guess that the problem is due to the 5.1 mac pro specifics. 8|

UPD. I tested the Rig Manger using another USB cable and slot and got the same result - it does NOT work properly on the 10.13.4 OSX.
    Then I loaded the same setup in 10.9.5 and it worked flawless. So the hardware is definitely not the reason..

Edited once, last by greeb'ok: More info provided ().

• I'm having the know issue with not having the 'Allow' button in the Security settings panel. No matter what I do (uninstall,reboot, reinstall) nothing is working for me.
    And as long that button isn't pressed no access to the KPA is possible.
    Rig Manager just offered a new version which I allowed to install and then this issue was showing up.
    So far no solution for me. RM: 2.1.41 on MACOS 10.13.4
    It could be you guys are facing the same issue.

• This is frustrating. I have the same issue. Yesterday, I made the mistake of updating Mac OS to 10.13.15 and the Rig Manager to 2.1.41. Now Rig Manager does not communicate with the Kemper Profiler. When I start the Rig Manager I get the following message:

Communication with Profiler blocked
    You need to enable Rig Manager’s system extension in Security & Privacy System Preferences.

I open the System Preferences but Rig Manager is not listed there and the changes I make did not help. This happened to me with another 3rd party SW before but that time, I could find the app on the System Preferences and allowed it / enabled it to work. Not this time...

Youtube Channel - New music: Frustr8 by NerveFunk
    My Instagram: @nervefunk

• This is frustrating. I have the same issue. Yesterday, I made the mistake of updating Mac OS to 10.13.15 and the Rig Manager to 2.1.41. Now Rig Manager does not communicate with the Kemper Profiler. When I start the Rig Manager I get the following message:

please contact support by using the contact form on our website.

• Thanks guys I looked into System / Library / Extensions there is a file named KemperProfiler.kext but I was unable to drag it into any of the windows under Security & Privacy

Nobody can do this, because that's not how it's done. Contacting support is the right move.