Remote loses connection with Profiler

• I'm a new Kemper user and I'm also having intermittent locking/crashes. I'm within my 30 day return window with Sweetwater. Should I return the unit and start over?

Lance

My experience is that the remote and the Kemper BOTH have to be connected when doing updates. I did have a bad remote, but one of the times it was because I did an update without having the remote connected to the Kemper. It was crashing and freezing up. I redid the update with the remote connected to the unit and I havent had a problem since.

If this doesnt work, contact Kemper support. They are super fast in responding taking care of their customers.

• It doesn't matter. You can perform updates of the PROFILER without the Remote being connected. Then, when PROFILER and Remote get connected next time or any other Remote gets connected to that PROFILER, the PROFILER will automatically update the Remote as needed. The only downside is, that this could take a few seconds before the Remote is ready to be used. I have not experienced one single scenario where that hasn't succeeded.

• With the new Beta my remote freezes quite a bit when i play through the Focusrite on my Mac. Yesterday it froze on a performance sound, and i could not change to another preset in the performance, immediately after the remote went dark. I started up rig manager and it came back alive with no issues. This same sequence happened 3 times in about 2 hours last night.

Update: Since the Beta update it has happened constantly. The mac hibernation freezing the Kemper has happened since i purchased it, but now it freezes with my computer on and active, nothing on except the Focusrite control. The only way to get it to snap out of it is to start rig manager which fixes it. Going to revert to the previous OS.

Edited once, last by IanRubbish: Updating status of issue. ().

• With the new Beta my remote freezes quite a bit when i play through the Focusrite on my Mac. Yesterday it froze on a performance sound, and i could not change to another preset in the performance, immediately after the remote went dark. I started up rig manager and it came back alive with no issues. This same sequence happened 3 times in about 2 hours last night.

Update: Since the Beta update it has happened constantly. The mac hibernation freezing the Kemper has happened since i purchased it, but now it freezes with my computer on and active, nothing on except the Focusrite control. The only way to get it to snap out of it is to start rig manager which fixes it. Going to revert to the previous OS.

This happened to me as well today. I thought I noticed some random flashing, like active stomps leds blaring a little brighter for a split second. Then when editing a performance, my remote suddenly went dark. The profiler was frozen. It made sound, but nothing registered. Not even when I tried shutting it off. Started RM, and the Kemper came back to life.

First real hiccup ever, but I didn’t like it. ?(

• Update: Since the Beta update it has happened constantly. The mac hibernation freezing the Kemper has happened since i purchased it, but now it freezes with my computer on and active, nothing on except the Focusrite control. The only way to get it to snap out of it is to start rig manager which fixes it. Going to revert to the previous OS.

IanRubbish can you please contact support by email, we'd like to work with you on that.

thanks, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• IanRubbish can you please contact support by email, we'd like to work with you on that.

thanks, gs

I actually downloaded the newest update pretty much immediately after i posted that, i didn’t realize that there was an update the night before. Since then i have not had that issue. I will be putting in substantial time of my Kemper this Sunday, if the problem occurs again i will send an email to support. Thanks for the reply!

• Yep.....i have had this issue with the remote even getting it on in the first place.... sometimes have to restart the Kemper 6 or 7 times, unplug and re-plug the remote back in to get it on.

I have tried so many bloody ethernet cables and still the same crap.

Every gig is a crapshoot and a headache with this remote issue. One would think that Kemper, being such an amazing company could have sorted this issue out ages ago..... I guess the small things are not that important to them, but at least it sounds good.

• Yep.....i have had this issue with the remote even getting it on in the first place.... sometimes have to restart the Kemper 6 or 7 times, unplug and re-plug the remote back in to get it on.

this indicates that something is wrong with your hardware: most probably the cable, but maybe the connector inside the KPA or the Remote

I have tried so many bloody ethernet cables and still the same crap.

You only would need to try the official supported cable that came with the remote. Most other cables are not adequate: the wire-gauge is not thick enough !

Every gig is a crapshoot and a headache with this remote issue. One would think that Kemper, being such an amazing company could have sorted this issue out ages ago..... I guess the small things are not that important to them, but at least it sounds good.

By the way: using a proper PoE injector will enable you to use any off-the-shelf cable (up to 100m).