ReAmping in Logic Pro X

• So I have two dry DI's I took from the Direct Output of the Kemper I want to reamp through Logic Pro x. I figured out how to reamp them, however both of them ONLY pan right or stay center. The more I pan left the weaker the signal gets until there's no sound at all. I'm using a UA Apollo 2 rack as an interface, I have a cable going from the Line Output 4 to the Return Input of the Kemper. I have the Input Source set to Return Input Reamp. I've tried everything and I'm very lost and out of ideas as to how to correct this. (the audio files are MONO)

Edit: I have the output of the two DI channels both set to Output 3/4. whenever I try to go mono Output 4 I have no way to pan so that's out of the question.

Edit 2: When I pan right the track stays center

Edited 2 times, last by axcelkun ().

• Are you trying to pan the DI signal in logic?

You need to send the signal from its normal position -if you recorded on a mono track keep it center of you recorded on a stereo track panned left then keep it left.

The full fignal should hit the Kemper then the output from the Kemper rerecrded on a new track. Once you have the reamped track recorded back into logic you should be able to pan anywhere you want.

• Yes trying to pan a previously tracked reamped DI signal, do I have to rerecord it on a track? I can't just route the signal through the kemper and pan it?

• I don't know how Logic works (on DP here), but it sounds like you're sending both of those tracks to a stereo output pair.

Within the app you should have some sort of pop-up list or assignment screen that enables you to send each of those signals to its own mono bus / output. You could send both to "4", for example, and panning within Logic should make no difference.

This "signal gets weaker as I pan more and more in x direction" thing is a classic sign that you're routing to a stereo bus.

• You don't need to pan the DI signal.

Just route the output back to your Kemper and reamp.

After that, just pan the resulting recording.

A word of advice! You don't need to record the DI in stereo. Create a mono track in Logic and record the DI to that. After that, just route that signal back to the Kemper and reamp with a stereo or mono signal, whichever you prefer. I have a feeling that routing two DI tracks to the Kemper might result in a bad reamped tone due to a rather strong signal.