Help! Just got my kemper, how do i add effects / profiles to my board?

• Hi Kemper forum, I've had my kemper for a few days now, got some good profiles, but im ripping my hair out trying to assign profiles to channels and also get some regular effects.

Id like to check out the delays, find one i like, and assign it to one of the slots on my foot controller. That way when i change channels from say a clean profile to a distortion profile, i can hit the delay button and use the same delay on any profile. Is this possible?

Also i have an expression pedal plugged in, if i go through the system options i can see it responding there and have told the kemper to use it as a wah, yet when i move the pedal Ive got no wah sounds!

I've tried the youtube tutorials but they dont explain how to set this up, they just show the pedal working as a wah/volume etc ||

Any help would be really appreciated!

Many thanks

Ryan

• Welcome to the forum, Ryan! 8o

Dude, the first point of call when you buy a new piece of digital technology is to break out the manual/s.

I don't have a floor controller, so I can't suggest anything I'm afraid. There's a manual for it and operation is apparently-simple, so you might want to check it out.

You'll have to place a wah stomp in one of the stomp slots first before you'll hear one; a controller pedal is just that - only a controller.

Others will have pointers for the floorboard, but in the meantime it couldn't hurt to look at the manuals, surely?

• If you’re going to use the same Stomps or Effects, you can lock those sections, individually. You can also just lock the individual slots, ie. wah In Stomp A and the Delay slot (though remember that a delay can be placed in any of the Stomps or Effect slots, even multiple instances, and any other effect can be placed in the Delay slot. Only the Reverb slot is uniquely dedicated).
    The Remote (floorboard) works best in Performance Mode. I suggest checking out a video tutorial on YouTube, if you aren’t a manual reader. Kemper make some great tutorials, here’s all of them :
    Click here

To get you up to speed on Performance Mode, watch this :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you’re going to use the same Stomps or Effects, you can lock those sections, individually. You can also just lock the individual slots, ie. wah In Stomp A and the Delay slot (though remember that a delay can be placed in any of the Stomps or Effect slots, even multiple instances, and any other effect can be placed in the Delay slot. Only the Reverb slot is uniquely dedicated).
    The Remote (floorboard) works best in Performance Mode. I suggest checking out a video tutorial on YouTube, if you aren’t a manual reader. Kemper make some great tutorials, here’s all of them :
    Click here

To get you up to speed on Performance Mode, watch this :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi Sambrox, thanks for the tips. One thing that remains unclear to me, is how to edit a slot once I've assigned it to a Performance. As you say: it's a copy of the assigned sound and can be freely edited.... but how? I only have access to the bass /middle /treble / presence buttons in Performance mode, and I reckon I have to edit this (copy of the) sound in Performance mode, otherwise I'll change the original sound if I edit in the Browser mode. Or am I missing something here?
    Maybe I have to copy and rename that sound in Browser mode and edit it there and than add it to the Performance? (that would be tedious...)
    Just to clarify: I assign the same sound to slots 1 and 2, and I want to use that basic sound as departure point in the 2nd slot, but add a booster and morph a few things. Thanks for advice on this.

• Hi, edit just the same as you would in browse mode,hold the button of the effect you want to edit ,
    when saving in perf mode press save button 3 times
    Steve
    ps Welcome to the forum

Edited once, last by SteveH ().

• Performance Mode is a powerful tool that allows to organize Rigs in “Performances” detached from your Browse Pool. A total of 125 Performances are available, each of which can hold up to five Rigs in logical locations called "Slots". You could, for example, use a Performance to store the sounds dedicated to the intro, verse, refrain, bridge, and solo of a song, and switch between them using a foot controller.
    Setting up Performances
    You can navigate through the 125 Performances using the up and down buttons of the Rig navigation cross on the front Panel. Use the left and right buttons to select a Slot within a Performance. By default, all Slots are pre-loaded with a default Rig, which is by the way based on the ancient Rig “CK 0”. The Performance itself has a default name. Once you have selected the Slot, choose the Rig you want to assign to it via the BROWSE knob. The Rig will be copied and show up in the highlighted Slot. At this point, we should mention that any edits will be lost if you select another Performance without storing it first.
    If you require less than five different Rigs in one Performance, you could disable Slots 2 to 5 selectively. This way you can block Slots and prevent accidental loading via foot controller. Only Slot 1 is a must.
    Rigs contained in Slots of Performances are stored in a dedicated memory area, so you can tweak them independently from their parent Rigs in your Browse Pool. Editing Rigs in Performance Mode is very similar as in Browse Mode. Rigs modified in Performance Mode can be stored into the Browse Pool using the soft button “Export Rig to Pool” on the “Store Performance” page.
    The soft button “Edit” opens another menu where you can rearrange or rename Slots within the selected Performance. Rearranging Slots works very similar to the Stomps edit screen. You can also copy and paste Slots within and beyond Performances. Under “Performance Tags” you can edit Performance tags Name, Author, Comment, Key, and Tonality. Soft button “MIDI Settings” opens another screen, where you could select MIDI
    Performance Mode 145

program changes, which are sent to up to two external devices, whenever a Slot gets loaded. You find more information related to this feature in chapter MIDI.
    Soft button “Arrange” opens a screen where you can easily reshuffle Performances according to the set list of your next concert. On this screen you could also copy and paste entire Performances.
    It is helpful assigning meaningful names to Performances and Slots. Depending on how you want to organize your sounds Performances and Slots could for example carry names of songs and musical scenes or amplifiers and amp channels. Be aware that as long as Slot Name and name of Rig included are identical, Slot Name will be automatically updated as soon as another Rigs gets loaded into that Slot. But if you have entered any Slot Name different from the Rig Name (for example “Solo”), it will stay untouched if you load another Rig into that Slot. However, there is a function “Use Rig Name” on the Rename Slot screen, which allows to reset Slot Name to Rig Name.  While you manually navigate through the Slots within one Performance using the left and right RIG navigation cross buttons, any modifications e. g. loading another Rig or cranking up gain are interpreted as editing and will be maintained until you move to another Performance. Don’t forget to store before you load another Performance in order to make those modifications permanent.  As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and get discarded immediately. If you had for example activated a booster in B Module or increased Delay Mix via pedal, such changes are forgotten, if you switch Slots remotely. This way you can always be sure, that Slots get loaded in their original predictable state during live performances.
    Loading Performances
    Parameter “Performance Load” in System Settings determines what happens, while you step or scroll through your Performances via Remote or MIDI. Default “Pending” means that the current Rigs stays loaded and the Profiler keeps waiting a few seconds for your Slot selection. “Slot 1” and “Keep Slot” load these Slots automatically. 8)

• Thanks, SteveH and MuddySludge! It starts to dawn on me :) . After doing it the way you explained I also first thought that a Performance behaves like a sort of big Rig, that it would keep everything memorized I edited in the various slots until after I finished changing parameters in various (copied) slots. And saving all at once after finishing. But no siree, every time a slot is modified, the Performance needs to be saved. (As you explain MuddySludge but I only understood after some trial and error). Learning every day, slowly but surely getting there :thumbup:

Edited once, last by deeBee ().

• Thanks, SteveH and MuddySludge! It starts to dawn on me :) . After doing it the way you explained I also first thought that a Performance behaves like a sort of big Rig, that it would keep everything memorized I edited in the various slots until after I finished changing parameters in various (copied) slots. And saving all at once after finishing. But no siree, every time a slot is modified, the Performance needs to be saved. (As you explain MuddySludge but I only understood after some trial and error). Learning every day, slowly but surely getting there :thumbup:

As long as you use the rig buttons on the right side of the front panel to navigate between the slots in a performance you only need to store once before you load the next performance.

• As long as you use the rig buttons on the right side of the front panel to navigate between the slots in a performance you only need to store once before you load the next performance.

That's true, but not if you switch slots by using the pedal. Which in my opinion should be the same as switching using the rig buttons as long as you're in the same Performance. While I'm at it, another weird thing with the pedal: when in Browse mode editing and saving a sound, shut down the amp and restarting it the next day, you always have to push an adjacent button first on the pedal to the one that 'represents' that sound in order to get the edited sound. Otherwise it holds the non-edited sound in its memory.

• The behaviour you are describing is intended.
    As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and get discarded immediately. If you had for example activated a booster in B Module or increased Delay Mix via pedal, such changes are forgotten, if you switch Slots remotely. This way you can always be sure, that Slots get loaded in their original predictable state during live performances.

When you power the Profiler down it will start with whatever was in the edit buffer before you switched it off. This will save the day if you powered it down before storing any changes.