Blackat Ninja 8 demo through the KPA

• Hello, guys!

Just got this lovely axe from my mate Tomek at Blackat Guitars, and here it is, with the KPA providing all the amp tones / effects. :) The song is a work in progress for my second album, called Roland's Last Stand (the medieval legend, not the electronics brand... :P ). I hope you guys enjoy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFSX987w9Ws

• Cheers, mate.

I used a modified version of Ola's DV Mark patch, which has to be the most ridiculously versatile metal rhythm patch ever - easy to tweak to do whatever you want, in the distorted rhythm.

Taps and the more ethereal melody types are all my Nebula patch, which I did from a default RainHeart rig, lead melodies are done with a lead patch from my Silverblade tones (still tweaking these, hence the absence from the shared patches area), and the main lead is a rig I did from one of the default Roadking rigs, as it's quite close to the EQ I'd use on the amp itself.

• WOW!!!! Just saw this!!!!
    What an awesome tune!!!! Seriously... that was awesome! Loved the melodies, the themes... just superb!!!! 8o

The tapping pattern has a great spacey vibe... almost retro-chiptunes-style... Super cool!!!

• Honestly, I don't think it takes that much to get used to an 8-string guitar - it's just adding a couple strings to the bottom end, and you stop playing them by mistake in no time if you just spend a little time adjusting to the new visual reference. As far as neck width itself is concerned, it's not an issue - it will require a nice left hand posture and you may notice you are pickier with the neck profile than you were before, but that is about it, really. :)