My first KPA profile - Check it out...

• Sorry! I accidentally posted the wrong profile, but the above link has *now* been corrected! 8o

This profile is not tame or clean, but more like a Vox amp on steroids - I used the KPA's Cab parameters to create a totally different voicing from the original profiled amp - very cool!

All modelers known to man 8o

Edited 4 times, last by Radley ().

• I think this one sounds really good, I repeat, really good. Sounds great with a Tele or Strat. In your opinion Radley, how close was this to your original? Very bold and defined on my end, the other one too.

• About the profile:

The amp ia a Fender SF Vibro Champ that I almost totally rebuilt - it now has two extra gain stages, a custom uber-gain tube overdrive, a custom tone stack with bass-mid-treble, no vibrato & master vol. I replaced the puny output tranny with a 50 watt single-ended monster that had to be mounted on the floor of the cab, but the speaker is the original 8" Fender (I kept it because I like the way it overdrives)

I realize this profile is a bit 'over the top', but that's what I was going for 8o Adjust gain and delay/verb levels to taste. Effect 1 provides a lower mid boost for a crazy effect, but the amp gain must be reduced a bit when when the boost is engaged. I did this using only headphones so it may need some 'fine tuning' when listening through speakers...

The 'Vox effect' was applied mainly by changing 3 cab parameters - High shift, Low shift, and Character.... they really can dramatically change the sound! :thumbup:

• I think this one sounds really good, I repeat, really good. Sounds great with a Tele or Strat. In your opinion Radley, how close was this to your original? Very bold and defined on my end, the other one too.

Thanks Don - If you set the Cab parameters to zero, you basically have the pure V-Champ but the Amp EQs will definitely need readjusting...

• I love the character of the smaller Vox amps, but somehow haven't heard very many that translate into great hi-gain solo sounds, so I took this novel approach to get to what I was hearing in my mind... I can almost envision a little Vox scooting itself across a hardwood floor, propelled by it's own speaker vibrations! 8o

Lance - You just answered one of my questions about manipulating profiles and posting the result... I'll check it out tonight :)

• Played extensively yesterday night with it and I really like it! I've also reduced the gain a bit (I have very hot PU), turned back a notch the Cab parameters and put my own set of stomps and fx's. I really like the thick, juicy but glassy tone coming out of the speakers.
    Thanks Radley for this excellent profile! :thumbup:

Here my version if you like to check it, neck HB.

http://www.4shared.com/file/1Y…_Vox_-_2012-03-06_23.html

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hey Lance - I checked out your modified patch of my profile and it sounds very nice indeed - good job! At the lower gain settings it has kinda of a tweed vibe ^^ Do you feel I would have gotten a better profile if I had used less gain? (it was pretty high!)

• Hey Lance - I checked out your modified patch of my profile and it sounds very nice indeed - good job! At the lower gain settings it has kinda of a tweed vibe ^^ Do you feel I would have gotten a better profile if I had used less gain? (it was pretty high!)

for me, specially with a higher output pickup, was pretty high into mushy territory, so I had to back off the gain considerably to clear it up. but I didn't try it with a lower output pickup. might be cool to profile it with lower gain. plus profiling is fun!