new profiles added for Bass and some tweaks

• Hi Guys,
    It's been a while since I uploaded stuff. Since I had positive feedback on some rigs, I felt like sharing some others.

I had great success profiling a David Eden bass pedal, called the WTDI, which has some nice low end. The Kemper seems to remove some, but it's still a useful starting point. I modelled a few basses.

-David Eden wtdi fender (for a fender precision with emg's)
    -David Eden wtdi fender b (alternate profile )
    -David Eden wtdi cln ernie ball (for an ernie ball 5 string )
    -David Eden wtdi cln b ernie ball (alternate profile )
    -David Eden wtdi frtls (for a bass fender fretless with stock passive pickups)

-ErnieBass x73i 1 (a profile running through a Vintech X73i preamp pinned for ernie ball 5 strg bass, it's ok)

-JTM50 chn 2 vol 8 mxr5 (from my very first attempt at profiling, with somewhat ok results, this profile has the old 1966 cab, and a brighter sound that breaks up in a weird way, maybe a bit reminiscent of early AC/DC kinda, sorta ...)

-JTM50-70's cab chn 2 d alt mids ( this profile has an alternate mid sound, almost like there's a wah, but there isn't. The gain meter is wrong because it has more gain then it would indicate as there is an overdrive pedal on. Reminds me of early Black Sabbath territory, but dialled back a bit)

-1959RR ch2 vol6 boost (maybe my favourite profiling session. I ended up dialing in the gain much higher after profiling, as some users were favouring doing that, so even though the amp was profiled at medium gain, it does a good job at higher gain, something I've learned is a good trick to remember. Anyway, this is a re-issue Randy Rhoads 1959 marshall JMP 100 w with a power soak and it's fun)

1959RR ch2 vol6 boost 2 (brighter version, maybe I like better)

You can find these all by searching my name-

David G Burns

• Thank you, David!

Say, have you by any chance caught any of my banging on about the original RR Profile you uploaded? I preached that parable for a long while here, mate.

I loved the vintage graininess of it, and also how it came to life and projected more mojo for my brother's LP when we dialled the treble back just a tad. I can tell you that he played that thing for many hours and I would've too had I had an LP. It's definitely his fave Profile, but alas, even 'though it's my "default" (only Rig!) on my KPA, I haven't been able to dial in the mojo that we achieved with very-little effort on his LP (Strat-style guitars here only, although I must try it one day using a Variax LP model just for beer and skittles).

Anyway, major kudos to you, brother, for conjuring up this "classic" (IMHO) Profile. When it works, it really works! 8o:thumbup::thumbup:

• Very kind of you mate ! @Monkey_Man

The funny thing about tone is that it’s all relative. We’ve all done it, gone surfing for sounds on the exchange, and at the end of the day, the louder brighter more in your face tones tend to win. It’s hard to compare sounds when they are at different levels. But there are def some that come alive given the right situation.
    I appreciate your enthusiasm for my efforts, and in large part to how people use the sounds guides me when I make some and share some. I’m just as likely to use anyone else’s if it works.

As to THAT profile, the 1959rr vol6 - it was concieved with a strat, but one of the newer Jeff Beck strats with those ceramic no hum pickups. It just shines with that model strat, and the lack of gain is made up by the mojo and top end that the single coils provide. But no question, it’s made to be played with LesPauls riffin out on old Foreigner or Aerosmith or whatever.

Just happy to make someone else happy in some way. The Kemper has brought great joy and made working on music more enjoyable. Truly a remarkable achievement in a tool such as this.

cheers!

David

• Hi David. Thanks for the revisit of the Randy Rhoads. I liked the original very much and its new friends are most welcome.

Both the cab and the amp section of that profile - and the new ones - play very well with other cabs/amps. The kingsnake cab from RE does very well on this amp for example and the 4x12 greenback cab works very well on Liam Thompsons Marshall profiles.

Will bust out a bass and check out the David Eden profiles too.