Quick answer need for simple question!

• If I have saved a Performance Rig on my
    Toaster;

And I copy that rig and paste it to other Performance Rigs using the Rig Manager editor;

Will I have multiple copies of the Toaster’s saved performance rig (or some other version)?

If not, how should I proceed? I have edited a great rig while in Performance mode. I want to use it for multiple performances.

When will my talent upgrade be released?

• Thank you! It’s the same Performance as what I saved on the actual Kemper device? I’m not clear on which is the master.

Performances and rigs you see in Browse Mode are two different things. If you load it in a performance it gets copied to this particular performance so to speak. If you got the rig in the Browse Pool and in lets say in five performances you basically got it stored six times. There is no master rig or master performance. They stay separated which is good because you can tweak the same rig you come from to different versions in the performances. If you want something as a "master" you can lock that parts for use with all performances and rigs. I. e. you can have the same reverb or cab or whatsoever for everything if you want to.

What are you referring to speaking of the "actual Kemper device"? They are all stored in the KPA.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Thank you! It’s the same Performance as what I saved on the actual Kemper device? I’m not clear on which is the master.

When you have your KPA connected to your computer, the Perfomances that are actually in your KPA can be seen in the Rig Manager “Performances/My Profiler” folder (the folder will have that name if you have not changed the name of your KPA in System Settings).

• Performances and rigs you see in Browse Mode are two different things. If you load it in a performance it gets copied to this particular performance so to speak. If you got the rig in the Browse Pool and in lets say in five performances you basically got it stored six times. There is no master rig or master performance. They stay separated which is good because you can tweak the same rig you come from to different versions in the performances. If you want something as a "master" you can lock that parts for use with all performances and rigs. I. e. you can have the same reverb or cab or whatsoever for everything if you want to.

That may be good for your purposes and workflow, but not necessarily for others like myself and the original poster. I don't want to be forced to make multiple copies of ANYTHING (rigs, effects, stomps, presets, effect sections, stomp sections, etc. etc. etc.). It creates needless clutter and confusion. If I want to make a copy of something, I will make a copy of it - otherwise I want one version. Period.

• That may be good for your purposes and workflow, but not necessarily for others like myself and the original poster. I don't want to be forced to make multiple copies of ANYTHING (rigs, effects, stomps, presets, effect sections, stomp sections, etc. etc. etc.). It creates needless clutter and confusion. If I want to make a copy of something, I will make a copy of it - otherwise I want one version. Period.

Dude. Please dial it back a little! :D This was just me explaining how this thing works and in order to explain him that he is confusing something here while also expressing my opinion about status quo.

Of course there may be this and that that could be updated in order to be a little less confusing. I. E. that one is able to have more than one rig, preset or whatever with the same name is absolutely confusing. That one cannot overwrite stuff like output presets but create a new one with the same name every time is confusing. Yes. And if it was totally different and if the machine would i. E. behave like an Apple photo library were you make various edits but in the background the original is never touched and can always be restored would be awesome.

But this is totally off topic here. I just explained something, man! I never said that it would be good for everyone and besides that it is not even "good for [...] my workflow" but I learned to adjust my workflow to that. That's what makes us human, you know? Adjusting to things. All I wanted to state is that in the way the KPA works right know it is good that rigs are not that simply overwritten or things like that.

So, uuuhm: Period. :thumbup:

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• And I am disagreeing with you - which is ok, correct?

You are totally free to disagree with whomst ever you want. As much as I'm free to ask you to dial it back a little. Which you did. Which is awesome. What a time to be alive. Enjoy! 8)

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• The irony is delicious. I was trying to support what I thought was the crux of the OP's conundrum and offer insight into both why he might find the solution and supporting reasoning presented as either inadequate or not what he was looking for. I tried to be clear, concise, and to the point without any emotional content. Instead, I am perceived as needing to 'dial it back' and singled out as not being 'good spirited'.

I am honestly curious @10w73 and @grappagreen in your opinion,what about my post made you feel that I needed such rebuke? Was it because I bolded the type to show what I was addressing? Was it because I dared to offer a different perspective? Seriously...