New Friedman Profiles For Free - Leave Feedback

• The BE-100 profiles I've found are OK, but wanted something a little more accurate to what I hear/feel in my 2018 BE-100. I worked pretty hard doing these profiles, and think they came out really good. I carefully tweaked for a very neutral sound that has a fair range of adjustment in EQ and gain settings. The pick attack is a little spongier than the first ones I made.

Basically, I've uploaded 6 Friedman BE-100 profiles labeled "Vintage PAFs" and "Med Output PAFs." I've painstakingly tweaked them to work best with certain kinds of guitars/pickup. The vintage PAF profiles work extremely well with Strats, Teles, and low to medium output humbuckers. The mid output profiles are great for higher output humbuckers, or to fatten up single-coils a bit. It took several profiles, lots of mic adjustment, and experimenting with the refinement feature of the profiling mode. Anyway, you can find them on Rig Exchange if you're interested.

Download them and let me know what you guys think. These weren't just the average profile. I took a lot of things into consideration, compared several commercial BE-100 profiles, and experimented a lot with settings that would allow the maximum adjustment of the knobs. Some of the profiles I demoed weren't always so great after adjusting certain settings, so that was a big consideration. I think you can tweak these to a pretty good extent without losing anything in the tone.

Either way, let me know how you guys like them and leave some feedback. If you think they're good, I'll profile some other great amps and cabs for you.

FRIEDDUDE BE CLN Med Output PAFs
    FRIEDDUDE BE MED Med Output PAFs
    FRIEDDUDE BE HG Med Output PAFs

(Generally brighter overall)
    FRIEDDUDE BE CLN Vintage PAFs
    FRIEDDUDE BE MG Vintage PAFs
    FRIEDDUDE BE HG Vintage PAFs

GEAR USED:
    Mesa Boogie Open Back 1x12 With 75w Weber Silver Bell Alnico 12" Speaker
    Shure SM57
    Dimarzio Norton DP-160/Chopper set for med output profiles
    Bareknuckle Riff Raff/Mule set for vintage output profiles
    Off-Center mic 1" away from grill cloth

• Thank you! I only use low-medium output pickups so these should be good. :)

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Thanks MG. Btw, I think you'll get more feedback if you post in Free rigs and profiles. ;)

Oops, haven't gotten around to exploring other areas of the forum yet. Thanks.

Thank you! I only use low-medium output pickups so these should be good. :)

I don't know if it matters to anyone else, but it seems like several factors can affect the Kemper profiles. I'm trying my best to eliminate anything unnecessary, keep things as neutral as possible rather than injecting my own preference into it, consider how it will sound through speakers and recorded directly, and how different aspects like pickups and things affect the sound and feel. So far, I think I'm very satisfied with how these came out. Hopefully now that I've got a decent understanding of how to get a good profile, it won't take so long to put some more amp profiles together.

• Did you remove the profiles? Nowhere to be found in RE.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR