[LRS] BE Free Man - 2017 Baked Chicken BE 100

• I could play with that REDx5 all day long :thumbup: just turned on my xotic SP compressor and the sound from my tele is huge.Thanks for the test in advance! This will be the greatest BE pack :thumbup:

:) Yep, will make this the quintessential BE pack in that it will realistically capture the amp in so many states that it would take $10k to reproduce. Have the JJ power tubes back in it today, had TAD EL34's in there for a bit. Have a few sets of EH's also. They work pretty well in this amp too.

Update 7 is live on the site :)

• A short demo using the HBE S3 RED 4 profile:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Cold,

cool backing track........

Love to noodle with it.Here is a sample with the HBE S3 RED 4DA and a Marshall 1960AV cab, played with my Les Paul

Cheers
    Frank

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah thats unbelievable playing and production too man..dayuuuuum....i could listen to that shit all day.
    Merged gives us so many options now days. Great playing and sounds guys.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Little clip courtesy of @patrick2099 :)

Awesome stuff coming out of this pack!

• Update 8: Added 23 Profiles testing impedance matching and more. Using the Redback with E609 and PR20 with V30.

A very quick test of one of the profiles, E609 isn't exactly my favorite mic a lot of times but I wanted to show how dynamic this can be.

It is a demo of a gain profile, 1st and 3rd are neck pickup with volume down.

Bring the requests guys. I have a few more days before being away for a bit.

• Why not some profiles with Scumback M75 and Lynchback?

• And one courtesy of @ColdFrixion :

From update 8.

From update 8.

Looking forward to trying that one out!

• What the heck....

Tim! The S3 RED 3 up to red 6 with the mesa red cab sound fantastic with some little tweaks. Out of the box a little harsh for my taste but after reducing the definition and increasing the compressor in the amp section they are so punchy.

Cool combi with this cab.

Edit: Also blown away by the alnico cream with the sm 57

I have to turn down the definition to my taste and a big point is to increase the amp compressor. Check it out and roll it up to prox 3.

This is a fantastic pack of the BE100. I have a lot BE100 profiles but honestly, here are the gems for me. These profiles love my frfr.

• Thanks, man! Very cool that you took the time to noodle over one of my demos, and it's always cool to hear someone else's input(that's some serious shredding)!

• For group 8, the first one I tested was LRS HBE S1 9.0D. I thought it sounded dreadful! Maybe you accidentally grabbed my old Crate I had sitting on the sidewalk one day. Then I realized it was a direct profile, so now everyone can get a good laugh at my expense. It's not the first time I've done that, and it won't be the last.

I had to drop the definition down on LRS BE S3 RED 3 and LRS BE S3 RED 4 a little, like @Eltzejupp said, but they sounded great after that. This was with the JB, so they made sound fine with the stock definition on other pickups, as they weren't at 10 to start with.

LRS BE S3 RED 5 seemed a little too subdued to me on the humbucker, but sounded better split. Thinking on a different thread I replied to today though reminded me that sound things sound better at a higher volume level. I cranked er up and LRS BE S3 RED 5 sounded really great that way.

LRS BE S3 RED 6 is the classic lower mid-gain Marshall crunch when picked more lightly and gets more nasty (in a good way) when you dig in.. It is also very dynamic and has a great clean and edge of breakup available.

LRS BE S3 RED 7 and all of the 8 ones sound perfect for 80s rock and metal.

Going through the 9 profiles, I think I'm just going to start being repetitive. I have't tested the DI ones yet, but the rest of them sound great. There is a nice variety of tones between profiles and throughout the whole pack, a good variety using the volume knob.

• Wow, thanks for the feedback guys, I am super glad they are working for everyone. I take all comments into consideration when going forward.

So, just added V9 to the site, a 19 rig update with a Lynchback and Scumback M75 using various mics. The Lyncback didn't like the cab I loaded in into for high gain so these are mostly lower gain, deleted many of them. The Scumback however....you will have to load them and find out :)

• I like your old packs, but this one really is on a whole new level. I'm not sure what your doing differently, but just about every profile is usable and sounds really good.

The older packs were good, and huge. I was able to find a ton of tones I liked in each one, but also a lot that didn't work for me. This one definitely has a higher percentage of keepers, for me.

• Thanks Patrick :)

There are many things that have changed. One of them being the guitar used to dial in the tones but probably more importantly, the micing technique has been refined after an extended period of making IRs for other devices. In addition the environment is improved and available mics/speakers/cabinets has grown considerably.

It is amazing how different users will like completely different profiles than others. And as such, in the past I included all the profiles shot, some great for me some not but I didn't know who was going to like what so I left them all in. Today I delete more profiles than I use to (though sometimes I wish I didn't), I have also learned tricks with the Kemper to fix issues with some profiles that do not turn out great.

This amp is one that is tricky to profile, and thankfully I found how to get around that.

IMO these are the truest representation of the amp possible.

Oh, and I haven't started getting creative with it yet :)

From update 8.

this track is doubled I guess...sounds good

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music