[LRS] BE Free Man - 2017 Baked Chicken BE 100

• I love the Friedman.
    I'm currently looking for a Friedman pack and yours is my favorite so far.
    Is there a teaser in the rig exchange so i can try one of your profiles before buying the pack ?

• Thought much on this but I am not sure what to post...so many variables.

I will PM you. :)

@Eltzejupp curious how this V10 DA profiles works for you?

Have checked it already. It works!!

I like also the lynch cab, but some of them sound really a bit harsh, so I have to reduce the definition. There is nearly no sound in this pack that I cant use (ok, I have to tweak some a little) and I have no pack of profiles which makes so much fun to test and to use.

There is one thing I do with nearly every profile from this pack. I add the amp compressor. Real fun because you feel how the punch came up.

I have one whish. Could't you set the noisegate to zero? I only use my gate in stomp A and some of your gate settings are way to much for my taste and they kill some sustain sometimes. There is no problem to turn it down, but I thing some other guys here didn't look at it and maybe they add a second gate to it and dont realise that there is a gate from your side setted.

I love the mesa red sounds!!!

• You know, for some reason I thought the input gate was a global setting and not part of the profile. I keep my input settings locked so I guess it is this way for me...

Apologies for that.

So, everyone, please do check this as I do keep it set pretty high and this could definitely effect the tone!

• You know, for some reason I thought the input gate was a global setting and not part of the profile. I keep my input settings locked so I guess it is this way for me...
    Apologies for that.

So, everyone, please do check this as I do keep it set pretty high and this could definitely effect the tone!

No apologies Tim!!!

• I've been disabling the "knob" noise gate and trying to use the 4:1 stomp, when necessary. I think I've been getting better results doing that, when necessary. Are you using the 4:1 or the other one?

• Dam it Tim @deadpan thats 9 updates, did i buy 9 packs or one?
    Thats a lot of rigs and updates man! SOB. Feels like i have 9 packs of quality here

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• So, V11 is on the site. :)

I have a request, can you guys tell me how you perceive the difference between C45 1 and C45 1.1?

Amp setting are exactly the same though some preamp tubes were swapped out. After some replies I will say which.

6 and 7 were tests set at all switches off and B M T at 4 or 11 o'clock, these are considerations for sample candidates and may be darker though please do raise the treble, presence and gain :)

All of this set was mic'd about 5 inches away from the speaker so raise the mids to make them more in your face if needed.

• So, V11 is on the site. :)

I have a request, can you guys tell me how you perceive the difference between C45 1 and C45 1.1?

To my ears, the most significant differences are gain oriented, however there's notably more high end (11KHz - 13KHz) in C45 1.1, though it's not audibly significant to my ears. C45 1.1 also has a hair more energy in the lows / low-mids

• Have to agree with Patrick on these profiles - ALL of them are usable. I haven't found any I don't like and there are great sounds from all the drivers - all the way from the Clean (Cl Lyn 1 is such a nice clean profile) through the mid gains to the higher gain.

Nice to hear the rather rare Alnico Cream on this set - really tasty tones - thick and satisfying. The EVH, Scumback and Redback based profiles are all worth the price of admission for any rock player. Still working my way through the V30s - I'm doing these alphabetically ;)

Great work, Tim. Looking forward to when the mad scientist stuff starts :)

• Difficult to say. Both sound good but my subjective fav is 1.1 because it sounds a little more open for me. But there isn't a big diffrence. The cab is not my friend . The open scumback is too harsh for my taste. I got cool results with the grafic eq. Low cut 81 , High cut 6650 and -3,7dB on 2500Hz.

Pure cab at 3,5.

• Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for Frank! I will try to post a clip of the stock 1.1 profile with my Les Paul tonight. I would be curious to hear how a simple rhythm tone sounds for you on this same stock profile. I am a fan of sizzle, I think this is what you refer to as harsh. Lets get to the bottom of it. I know you mention fixing it with definition and high cut but I'd like to hear the differences and find out if your pickups sound that much different than mine. If you could post the clip without pure cab that would be great as that is how I will post.

I too like 1.1 better that 1. For me it is more open and less compressed (the difference isn't huge), that is the direction I am trying to take the amp which is naturally somewhat compressed.

I will be away from the amp for a week or so but look forward to getting more tones to you guys.