[LRS] BE Free Man - 2017 Baked Chicken BE 100

• Glad you like them! That's so cool that you are using a song as reference! I am looking forward to that man. Do you remember which song (probably makes not much difference, I think he may have had the same tone all the way through)? I remember he used Pittbulls, but the BE-100 is in the very same genre to me.
    Sweet!

Song was Silence. Had a nice clear guitar sound at the beginning. Try the two boost pedals pre amp. One or even both at the same time. The first is a wave shaper and doesn't boost exactly boost but adds something nice to the tone.

• Awesome, I'll check it out. Yeah "Silence" was a great choice. Very high gain, but very clear and not fizzy at all. Man, I really love GGGarth's production on that entire album.

Was it a single profile out of this pack inspired by DOM?, or multiple?

27 is a lot! :D

Thank you!

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Edited 2 times, last by Locrain ().

• Haha, fair enough. I'll try them out on their own merits before I try to find out which profile it is. :D

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Some interesting stuff in there Frank.

I think that some of us have defo found the value in finding some solid cabs; I've found that often a mediocre sounding profile can suddenly spring to life when paired with a decent cab/mic. Just like real amps! Once I found my XiTone FRFR I've never looked back either.

I'd be interested in understanding some of the other Gamechangers you mention - not the guitar one as I completely get that!

BTW I can't keep up with the update releases in this pack! What a fantastic problem to have.

Si

• I am afraid I have made it too easy to spot the specific rig :)

Ha, I guess I see what you mean, I think I was a little slow on the uptake. :D

I made a quick 'n dirty clip of the intro of Silence (at least, how I remember it, haha) using the profile. Pretty sloppy, but it gives an idea of the tone. I think it's great, very usable. This is a PRS SE277 baritone with Bare Knuckle Supermassive P90s, two tracks hard L+R with no processing done, just the profile straight to track.

https://soundcloud.com/user218712932/silence

Edit: I redid the intro with some drums I programmed and bass also. Programming drums is still very new to me, but I was pretty happy with this. Some compression/limiting/etc as well. I remembered to turn both boosts on this time! Guitars are high in the mix, but that's the point.

Trick here: One file was as DoM played it, tuned to Drop B, the main riffing at position one. The other file is a guitar tuned down to Drop Bb playing at position 0 with the Transpose parameter at +2. So they're in the same key, but two very different ways of getting about it. I was mostly just curious, I haven't used the transpose much...It is very distracting to track at lower levels, you can really hear the strings, and it get's in your head, haha.

I'm afraid levels aren't *exactly* the same between the two, I had several power outages during the recording of this that really got annoying, and messed me up a little. I gotta get a backup battery surge protector thing.

https://soundcloud.com/user218712932/silent-dumsy

https://soundcloud.com/user218712932/silent-drumsx

Edited once, last by Locrain ().

• Hi Tim,

I’d like to say thank you for your great work. You get the hell out of it. Never expected than when I bought the profiles and I was an early bird. We are over 200 Profiles in this pack and you’re still rocking and having new ideas. More low end, ahhh you’re crazy. Really appreciate this.

Cold you do us a favor in the days? Id like to have an overview ( nothing big), about the updates as an pdf file or so. What have done on every update? Cold you place it here as a downloadfile in your first post of this thread?

I think it would be helpful also for some newbees to navigate to the profiles.

Maybe like this:
    Release one:
    Mics
    Cabs
    Channel
    Special comment

Update one:
    Mics
    Cabs
    Channel
    Special comments

and so on?

Just if you have the time and the nerve to do that.

Cheers
    Frank

• This would be amazing. I don't want to look a (basically) gift horse in the mouth, but I am a newcomer, and I have a very very hard time knowing what the hell is going on, it all blends together.

But it all sounds great! :D

• @ Frank - this could get you some of the way to what you want. You can see those profile parameters in table form by activating those columns in Rig Manager - just tick Speaker Model, Mic or whatever you want on show and you can sort a folder with all the profiles of this amp by speaker model or whatever you need. I often do this with complex sets of profiles like this.

• @ Frank - this could get you some of the way to what you want. You can see those profile parameters in table form by activating those columns in Rig Manager - just tick Speaker Model, Mic or whatever you want on show and you can sort a folder with all the profiles of this amp by speaker model or whatever you need. I often do this with complex sets of profiles like this.

Hi, Yes I know and thats what i am doing with all profiles but here is something special because of the blocks of the updates. Behind every update there i s a soecial thought from Tim or something special what he tried. This is what i like to know. Maybe i have to sort the profiles again, because i have them all in one folder.

One example what mean: maybe i choose the profiles from update 3, I'd like to know the cab and the mic or mic position and if the profiles are more for rock than heavy. Hard to say. Maybe i do it for myself. For me a pdf with stuff like that is an great overview over the complete pack in sections.

• Yeah - a PDF could be handy.

Because the packs are mostly recorded on a single day I often can see what is in what pack by sorting by date. Some vendors provide a pdf but I find I am usually trying to work from RM alone. With a big enough screen you could have both side by side and get the best of both systems, I guess. It would be nice to do this with a 4k Monitor in the studio ;)

• Yeah - a PDF could be handy.

Because the packs are mostly recorded on a single day I often can see what is in what pack by sorting by date. Some vendors provide a pdf but I find I am usually trying to work from RM alone. With a big enough screen you could have both side by side and get the best of both systems, I guess. It would be nice to do this with a 4k Monitor in the studio ;)

The biggest problem with this pack is, you get lost in tones.

It's amazing what kind of attack and sound comes out of this kemper beast with this profiles.

Here is a short example what i mean. First part is the original profile of the last update. Than the same profile tweaked a little (scooped) and increased the ampcompressor and my eq in slot X. I added a ducked reverb in general.

Last is the same tone with my petrucci delay for a solo sound.

Played with my Jem 7V wh, dimarzio evolution pu's.

Sorry for sloopy playing, it's just a quick shot to demo what can happen with only one of this over 200 profiles.

The 4x12 cab is also very nice Tim.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The biggest problem with this pack is, you get lost in tones.
    It's amazing what kind of attack and sound comes out of this kemper beast with this profiles.

Sorry for sloopy playing, it's just a quick shot to demo what can happen with only one of this over 200 profiles.

Totally agree with the first two lines, but I'm going to have to ask that you not refer to your playing as "sloppy" when posting a clip in a thread I have posted a clip in. Because...if you're sloppy, than what am I? :D

Haha, just kidding around man, sounded great, this pack has great tones.

• Totally agree with the first two lines, but I'm going to have to ask that you not refer to your playing as "sloppy" when posting a clip in a thread I have posted a clip in. Because...if you're sloppy, than what am I? :D
    Haha, just kidding around man, sounded great, this pack has great tones.

Many thx.

Here is another gem out of the last update.

I call it DELAY NONSENSE

What an amazing tone

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• :thumbup:

I was looking for the "horns" emoji, but I guess we don't have it. :(

• Ha, I guess I see what you mean, I think I was a little slow on the uptake. :D
    I made a quick 'n dirty clip of the intro of Silence (at least, how I remember it, haha) using the profile. Pretty sloppy, but it gives an idea of the tone. I think it's great, very usable. This is a PRS SE277 baritone with Bare Knuckle Supermassive P90s, two tracks hard L+R with no processing done, just the profile straight to track.

https://soundcloud.com/user218712932/silence

I think we will have to ban you from saying your playing is sloppy haha, really, if we were all prefect we would sound like sample. No thanks. :)

Quite an interesting guitar. Thanks for posting the clip, did you activate any of the boosts?