[LRS] BE Free Man - 2017 Baked Chicken BE 100

• Oh boy, record keeping haha, you know, I don't keep records kinda on purpose... :) I try to have each session be it's own thing, kinda fly by the seat of my pants approach. Some may be hit or miss but I feel if I just did the same thing every time I may not find that sweet spot for many different players.

I do however add a brief description of the equipment used on each update to the main sale page. Here is what is there so far:

Added 27 profiles using a Mesa OS 4×12 with Black Shadow 90 and V30 speakers.
    Added 16 profiles using a Celestion G12H 30 speaker.
    Added 11 profiles using a SPL Reducer.
    Added 8 Experimental profiles.
    Added 10 Experimental profiles.
    Added 8 Experimental profiles.
    Added 6 Profiles 5 of them are Experimental.
    Added 14 Profiles using a Marshall 1960AV Cabinet using a Eminence Private Jack, Celestion Marshall V30, G12M65 Creamback and a WGS G12C with M160 and PR20 mics.
    Added 16 Profiles using a Marshall 1960AV Cabinet using a Eminence Private Jack, Celestion Marshall V30, G12M65 Creamback and a WGS G12C.
    Added 6 Profiles using a Jensen C12k and a Chinese Greenback with a SM7b and a R121.
    Added 14 Profiles using a Jensen C12k and a Chinese Greenback with a modded SM7b.
    Added 12 Profiles using a Scumback M75 with a E609 mic.
    Added 11 Profiles using a Scumback M75 with R121 and E609 mics.
    Added 19 Profiles using a Celestion Lynchback and Scumback M75 with vairous mics.
    Added 23 Profiles testing impedance matching and more. Using the Redback with E609 and PR20 with V30.
    Added 14 Profiles of S switch 2 lowest gain on BE channel with Redback and E609. Mostly for single coil pickups.
    Added 10 Profiles with the Red and EVH.
    Added 7 Profiles using a Celestion Redback in a Mesa 1×12 cabinet using sm57 and e609 mics.
    Added 4 Profiles using a Celestion EVH Greenback in an open 1×12 pine cabinet with a sm57. Amazing how big a 1×12 can sound!
    Added 4 Profiles using a Celestion Alnico Cream in an open 1×12 pine cabinet. 1 with a sm57 and 3 using a Beyerdynamic M160.

Looking at this here it is kinda crazy haha

• Thanks Frank! Yes, I am very happy with how most of the profiles react to EQ adjustments.

Just great playing Frank!

Oh, just amazing!!!!

• Ha, That list shows what a fantastic work you have done. Again, this is one profile pack from a monsteramp. A must have for kemperites.

• I think we will have to ban you from saying your playing is sloppy haha, really, if we were all prefect we would sound like sample. No thanks. :)

Quite an interesting guitar. Thanks for posting the clip, did you activate any of the boosts?

Haha, fair enough. The boosts are great...but I think I forgot to turn them on for the clip. They do work very well through.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Seriously though @Locrain , I see no flaw in your playing.

How do the P90's compare to standard humbuckers for you?

Thanks man. We're all our own worst critics. I should practice more and whine less. :D

I have always been a humbucker guy. Thought single coils were just for country//jazz/classic rock maybe, but I've always been after a more modern tone (Shawn's VHT tone on that DoM album is about as good as it gets for me), so I never considered single coils. Oh yeah, and I had a McCarty Soapbar for a while, and I really really hated those pickups, so I didn't think much of P90s until about a year or so ago, whenever the used SE277s started hitting the market.

A PRS baritone semi-hollow with the f-hole has always been my dream guitar, I used to be a huge Breaking Benjamin fan, he has a really cool one. But The Private Stock program was the only way to do that, and even if I could swing it, I could never justify dropping $10k-$15k on a guitar. So it was never going to happen. The PRS actually released one, I would have loved a US model, but cash has been tight lately (saved for a long time for the Kemper), so it's probably just as well that it's the SE line.

Which, by the way, if you've never played the SE line, I just have to say: I thought they were going to be crap. What Epiphone is to Gisbon, what Squire is to Fender, but nothing could be further from the truth, I think they are the best value on the market, full stop. I've recommended Rondo/Agile for 10 years for people who are looking for that real bang-for-the-buck, but now I just say "PRS SE line". I think they're even made in the same factory? Not sure about that, but fit/finish/playability on the SEs that I've had are far better than anything I've ever gotten from Rondo.

Anyway, PRS had finally made my dream gutar, right color, birds, f-hole, everything, but they forgot to ask what kind of pickups I wanted. :D

So they put soapbars on the semi-hollow, and 'buckers in the solid-body. I was sad. So I started looking up "P90-sized humbuckers" "P90 for rock", etc, and found that my best bet was something by Bare Knuckle, who I was already a huge fan of. They had two that caught my eye, if you don't know, they tend to name pickups after songs or bands that they sort of sound like. They had two named after Muse songs, who I really love. A Supermassive" in the Vintage Hot section, and a Stockholm in the Contemporary section. I am a really really strong believer in getting pickups that are not too hot/squashed, and let the amp do the grunt work, ESPECIALLY on a baritone, with the extra output from the larger strings/longer scale.

So I got the Supermassives. When I put them in, I was kind of blown away. They are AMAZING. They are huge, massive sounding, maybe more than any humbucker I've had. Thick creamy single lead notes, blooming articulate chords, brutal chuggachugga and single note riffs, absolutely as hot as I would ever want or need, phenomenal cleans, and...no noise. Not to speak of. I really can't say enough good things about the pickups. They have totally changed my outlook on single coils, I'm about to wire up a '72 Custom Reissue Tele with a BPK custom WHRB rewind humbucker in the bridge, and their Flat 50 single coil in the bridge. Looking forward to that.

But the guitar is amazing. I actually think it's the best sounding and maybe, the playing guitar I've ever owned. And I have had PRS MEs, nice Les Pauls, etc. I dunno if I just got lucky or what, but I highly highly recommend this guitar/pickup combo for anyone remotely interested in a baritone.

And no, I don't work for PRS or BPK. :D

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Well, I redid the intro with some drums I programmed and bass also. Programming drums is still very new to me, as is using an actual DAW (for probably over ten years I've just used this cheap easy Rifftracker DAW-like program Line 6 makes), but I was pretty happy with this. Some compression/limiting/etc as well. I remembered to turn both boosts on this time!

Trick here: One file was as DoM played it, tuned to Drop B, the main riffing at position one. The other file is a guitar tuned down to Drop Bb playing at position 0 with the Transpose parameter at +2. So they're in the same key, but two very different ways of getting about it. I was mostly just curious, I haven't used the transpose much...It is very distracting to track at lower levels, you can really hear the strings, and it gets in your head, haha.

I'm afraid levels aren't *exactly* the same between the two, I had several power outages during the recording of this that really got annoying, and messed me up a little. I gotta get a backup battery surge protector thing. :D

https://soundcloud.com/user218712932/silent-dumsy

https://soundcloud.com/user218712932/silent-drumsx

Edited 5 times, last by Locrain ().

• Thanks for the report! The bs90's in this cab continues to surprise me. Something special going with them. It's funny, I have another that came in a 1x12 cabinet and it is much darker and not as sweet sounding.

Yes, I like the BS90's with the "Savaged". Any chances of updating the JP2C with the bs90s?

• Unfortunately I don't currently have access to a JP2C. Have you tried swapping one of the cabs to these? Sometimes that works for me.

I do however have the 5150 III EL34 and it loves the bs90 as well.

This is the old 5150 pack right? Not the block letter?
    Will check the cabs, have you got a merged one with the BS90s?

• Hi Tim,,
    I love the BS90 cab with the 5153 EL34 and checked out the merged one in the 5153EL34 pack. Great job and this cab works with many other profiles too.

Here is an shred example with another cab. I have chosen the HBE S3 OS V30 02 Profile from the last update. Added the Plus DS distortion stomp in slot D and cranked it all the way up. Crazy sound, hard to control.

Hope you like the little shred here

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers
    Frank

• The is the brand new just released el34 50 watt head. Really great. Much different from the other Peavey versions and even different from the 5153 6l6 version I had. This one is really great. I hadn't made any merged but now that you mention it I will before release.

I prefer the EL34 version, myself. The samples you sent me from that one are pretty bad ass! I still like the first couple packs I bought from you, and still use them, but these last few packs are at a whole different level, Keep up the good work!