Need help in choosing cables or other alternatives

• Hello everyone, this is (kind of) my first post and I am excited to join this awesome forum.
    Alright so the situation is this: I have a KPA and a Focusrite 2i2 (2nd gen)and Tannoy Reveal 502 monitors.
    When I bought the KPA and Tannoys, the store gave me 2 RapcoHorizon balanced XLR Female to TRS cables, which were used to connect my KPA to my monitors.
    Then I added the 2i2 into the mix and needed to buy some cables to connect my KPA to my audio interface (since the RapcoHorizons were perfect for connecting the 2i2 to the monitors), I did some research and bought 2 Planet Waves Custom Series XLR Male to Female cables. For some reason, when I hooked everything up, it sounded a bit different than my normal tone and the inputs were way more sensitive than I was told they were going to be I did some research and found out that the 2i2's XLR connections were MIC level and not LINE level, (TRS = Line, XLR = Mic) and that the XLR connection goes to the mic preamps, which I don't want to go to with the KPA.

So, I have options:
    1. Return the cables and buy new XLR Female to TRS cables, in which case I want to ask you which do you recommend? (something in that price point, not Mogami or something like that, just something with really good price to preformance)
    2. Buy XLR Female to TRS Male balanced adapters for my interface, in which case I want to ask if they affect sound quality and which should I get (saw a good Planet Waves one that looked like a perfect fit)

Thank you so much for reading all of this and helping me! I appreciate it!

• Thanks dude! A few questions:
    1. I've heard a couple bad stories about monoprice cables not being good, having signal lost and overall lover output. Should I trust them? Are there any alternatives?
    2. You said that I should definitely return them. Is it because they are 'bad cables'? (even though they feel incredibly sturdy and high quality)
    3. What about the adapters? In general, how good is it to use adapters?

I use TS to TS cables to connect the KPA to my interface.

Well, they should work fine but TRS cables are balanced which means they are lower noise and just 'cleaner' in general.

• Well, they should work fine but TRS cables are balanced which means they are lower noise and just 'cleaner' in general.

Balanced cables won't make a difference for short runs. There's a lot of current flowing at line level, so noise usually isn't a problem unless you're talking about using long cable runs. A "dirty" environment can affect it too, but in the typical home setup it shouldn't be a big enough problem to sweat it over balanced vs unbalanced.

Sound quality will not be "improved" by using balanced cables in a typical length run.

That said, I try to use balanced cables whenever possible to satisfy my OCD tendencies. But in reality, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

• Thanks dude! A few questions:
    1. I've heard a couple bad stories about monoprice cables not being good, having signal lost and overall lover output. Should I trust them? Are there any alternatives?
    2. You said that I should definitely return them. Is it because they are 'bad cables'? (even though they feel incredibly sturdy and high quality)
    3. What about the adapters? In general, how good is it to use adapters?

I never had a problem with the ones I bought but you know, any cable can fail no matter how expensive. I use Evidence Audio for all my pedalboards and find they are the best (for me). Expensive, but worth having the peace of mind and concern about the quality.

Here's another place that has Mogami alternatives: https://www.proaudiola.com/bal…RS-audio-cables-s/170.htm

I said return them if you can't use them, also, you're activating the mic pre which isn't what you want/need. Planet Waves are decent. I only had 1 of about 7 Planet Waves cables fail on me.

I've used many adapters and no problems either. I did have one fail after years of abuse but if you take care of your gear it shouldn't be an issue.

• Balanced cables won't make a difference for short runs. There's a lot of current flowing at line level, so noise usually isn't a problem unless you're talking about using long cable runs. A "dirty" environment can affect it too, but in the typical home setup it shouldn't be a big enough problem to sweat it over balanced vs unbalanced.
    Sound quality will not be "improved" by using balanced cables in a typical length run.

That said, I try to use balanced cables whenever possible to satisfy my OCD tendencies. But in reality, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Besides this, the KPA's main outs are unbalanced (TS), so there's no point in going TRS.

• I barely have myself, mate. One day 'though...

Anyway, I agree that TRS shouldn't make any difference for short, "pollution-free" runs.

It was more Steve the OP's indication that he'd be prepared to shell out for something he doesn't need, as evidenced but the statement you also responded to:

Well, they should work fine but TRS cables are balanced which means they are lower noise and just 'cleaner' in general.