How are people setting up the Mon EQ going into a guitar cab?

• I've done a few A/B blind tests with Kemper studio profiles and they're indistinguishable! Really amazing!
    Live, it sounds great di to PA and translates really well.

So the last piece of the puzzle for me is getting a killer tone into a traditional guitar cab. For this, I'm using a Krank 4x12 and a Mesa vertical 2x12 and mainly focusing on the hi gain dropC chunks.

I tried to create a di profile of my amp (DSL, 5153, D-Moll) and then A/B the amp going into the cab vs the powered Kemper going into the cab.The Kemper was falling a bit short in this specific application, sounding a bit woofy. I went into the Mon EQ and adjusted:

• Bass -1.1
    • Middle -1.0
    • Treble +1.7
    • Presence +0.1

This got me really close! Close enough to be happy. This cab is basically just for me for on stage listening to keep me inspired but I want it as close as possible o the real deal..
    Anybody have any EQ settings or tips to dial this in?
    Note that I love the profile, so that adjustments need to be Mon EQ only I assume for the real amp into a 2x12 or 4x12 feel/sound (hi Gain category)

• Sounds about right. I usually have to lower the treble a bit. But it totally depends on how much volume I need. More volume - less treble. Probably some curve theory apply.

I do suspect that a tube power amp counteracts this a bit with output tube saturation attenuating the treble a bit with volume. Pure speculation though.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• From what i understand most of it is dialing it for the specific cab(s) and the remainder is small adjustemts for the room. Cheers!

Agreed, but in this instance I have the actual cab being profiled. The differences (EQ adjustments) between that amp Cab chain vs KPA Cab chain should be a somewhat similar to other people's experiences attempting hi gain stuff