SOLVED Weird MIDI behavior

• Hi,

I experience some weird behaviour with my Kemper. When I change presets in browse mode with Program Changes from my midi controller, the Kemper automatically shows the parameters for Stomp A. Even though slot A is turned off on 3 out of 4 presets that I currently use.

Does anyone know how to fix this behaviour?

Thanks !

• I'm assuming you are loading what we call Rigs in Browser Mode via MIDI program changes.

Some MIDI foot controllers automatically send a package of MIDI control changes representing the state of their instant access buttons following each program change. I'm assuming you have an instant access button assigned to Module A (control change 17). It's current status is a value between 0 and 127. So, the foot controller sends the program change followed by control change 17 with a value 0-127. The Profiler executes loading the assigned Rig and either activating/deactivating Module A or reflecting a warning message, that Module A is empty.

Usually this function can be deactivated in the foot controller configuration.

• Thanks for the reply. When I showed up for rehearsals at the theatre today, the profiler changes to the “standard” rig screen. IE my clean rig says “MB 67 Lux Verb”, and changing back and forth between rigs doesn’t cause it to change to the stomp A screen anymore.

Must have been a software glitch last night ! :)

I'm assuming you are loading what we call Rigs in Browser Mode via MIDI program changes.

Some MIDI foot controllers automatically send a package of MIDI control changes representing the state of their instant access buttons following each program change. I'm assuming you have an instant access button assigned to Module A (control change 17). It's current status is a value between 0 and 127. So, the foot controller sends the program change followed by control change 17 with a value 0-127. The Profiler executes loading the assigned Rig and either activating/deactivating Module A or reflecting a warning message, that Module A is empty.

Usually this function can be deactivated in the foot controller configuration.

• MRJacobHansen, How did you set up you midi controller and Kemper to work in browse mode ? I've tried Assigning a Rig a midi program change # and I'm on the same midi channel - doesn't want to work in browse mode - Works in Performance mode but not browse ?

• If the MIDI channel is correct - and otherwise it wouldn't work in Performance Mode either - and you have really assigned a MIDI program change number n to a Rig A in Browser Mode, the Profiler will load Rig A as soon as it receives MIDI program change n. We don't know any exceptions.

You write "I've tried assigning a Rig a MIDI program change #" …. What does that mean? If you check in the System Settings is the number assigned or not?

• I figured it out last night - for whatever reason The Morningstar MC6 Program # are off by 1 numeral, So on the Kemper if i assign a Rig in Browse mode in the system settings to be recalled with Program Change # 4, I have to tell the MC6 to to send Program Change # 3 to call up program Change # 4 on the Kemper.

• Program change mismatches
    The Program Change numbers displayed in the Profiler's user interface range from 1 to 128 and are incremented by +1 versus the real 7-bit values received, which range from 0 to 127. Many MIDI controllers are flexible to apply a reverse logic (display number n, transmit number n-1). If your MIDI controller is set to a fixed 0-127 range, your only option is to use another bank (e.g. starting from PC#10) and set your Profiler MIDI assignments appropriately.

I figured it out last night - for whatever reason The Morningstar MC6 Program # are off by 1 numeral, So on the Kemper if i assign a Rig in Browse mode in the system settings to be recalled with Program Change # 4, I have to tell the MC6 to to send Program Change # 3 to call up program Change # 4 on the Kemper.