Strange behavior: rig manger shows Crunch when that's not what I selected

• Hi guys, I need some help setting up performances for my first gig with the Kemper. All in all, it's been straightforward but every now and then something has me scratching my head. Here's my general workflow:

• Put Kemper if Performance mode
    • Using Rig Manager on my laptop USB'd into the Kemper, create a new performance. Let's say it's A Hard Day's Night.
    • In Rig Manager > All Rigs > Local Library, I preview several Vox profiles using my laptop (playing my guitar, obviously) until I find the one I want for the strumming part of the song. From the laptop, copy the profile and paste into slot one of the performance (All Performances > My Profiler). So far so good.
    • I do the same for the solo: find a profile, paste into say slot 5 of the same performance, tweak stomps, etc. and frequently save "3 times." Works great, usually.
    • I'd say 95% of the time this works but sometimes the second or third rig pasted in shows as "Crunch" in the Kemper despite looking correct in rig manager's performance inspector (VOX AC30, whatever). And when I play it is definitely not the amp I pasted in. ?(

Any ideas? Not sure if it matters but generally speaking, I have a lot of rigs on my laptop but practically none on the Kemper. Instead, I've been trying out rigs during rehearsal (switching using my laptop), taking notes, then going home and setting up proper performances (i.e. not sure if it matters but I frequently have rigs that only appear in performances and not standalone). Like many newbies, I'm overloaded with so many rig choices. In general, I'm sticking to M. Britt for this first gig and hopefully taking any volume leveling issues out of the equation. My thought is once I get a good amount of performances setup, my workflow will change to more of a "copy performance, tweak and Save As" rather than setting up from scratch.

Thanks

• When you say "frequently save", do you mean you press the Store button on the Profiler after editing the performance in Rig Manager? This is not recommended, all changes done in Rig Manager are automatically stored in the Profiler immediately. It could happen that the Profiler's edit buffer is not in sync with the stored performance (the one Rig Manager is working on), and if you press Store, then you will overwrite the changes made in Rig Manager.

• Thank you. By save I mean I'll typically use RM to copy and paste rigs into performances and slots or delete rigs from slots (example above I would have rhythm in the Hard Day's Night performance slot 1 and solo in slot 5). I just realized I didn't point out there's a Kemper Remote in the workflow as well. I'll then select slot 5 on the remote to make it active on the Kemper, tweak it by adding a boost stomp or something, then save in the Kemper itself. This generally works fine.

Where I'm running into trouble are in the steps from my original post. I'm not in front of my Kemper now so I will walk through it again tonight to ensure I'm accurately representing the problem. I know I said save frequently but I think this happens even before save (i.e. paste a Vox/Fender/whatever rig into a slot, see that slot illuminate on the remote, press the remote slot and the actual rig is "Crunch.").

Crunch is one of the original stock performance slots I think, right?

• Any changes to a performance that have not been stored will be lost when you use the Remote to switch between slots. That explains why you see the default crunch rig when you use the Remote to switch in an editing situation.
    Please use the Rig buttons on the right side of the Profiler to navigate between slots while you are setting up performances.

• All Slots are preoccupied by Crunch. You might not see it while the Slot is disabled. But as soon as you enable the Slot, you see it.

If you load a Rig into a Slot, the Slot gets enabled. But if you don't store, the new Rig gets withdrawn and Crunch appears.