which one is better for record ? S/PDIF or Direct output ?

• for some reason I am getting amazing tone when I put the headphones directly in the kemper, but when I try to record in my DAW the sound is not so good

anyone can help ?

• If you record in mono it can't sound as huge as through the headphone out which is stereo. You can record your guitar track two times in mono but pan each track hard left/right.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• If you record in mono it can't sound as huge as through the headphone out which is stereo. You can record your guitar track two times in mono but pan each track hard left/right.

And use two different profiles. Otherwise it will only sound lik big mono and not stereo. spdf or direct out, doesn't matter. But spdf is more convenient if you decide to reamp.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Two different profiles or at least one profile with different settings. Don't dial in too much gain because the gain of two tracks will sort of "sum up" and will sound way more huge than one track. Two tracks with much gain will likely lead to more muddiness.

• I also tried the stereo record, but the sound is not good, like a direct sound with headphones

I also upgraded the audio interface and tested the higher dynamic range , but the same results were obtained

• If you hear a direct sound on your recording you've likely chose the wrong output option. Dial in Master Mono or Master Stereo. And - sorry I have to say this - read the manual.

• I also tried the stereo record, but the sound is not good, like a direct sound with headphones

I also upgraded the audio interface and tested the higher dynamic range , but the same results were obtained

I think you should look at it with a bigger picture. The art of recording is a chain . And if only a part of the chain is bad the result will be bad . Now you seem to suggest that the output of the Kemper is the trouble. Well maybe its not. Look around that too... Do you use a super good audio interface? (upgraded or not) If the audio interface is not professional, it will make the Kemper (which IS pro equipement) sounds awfull. ____You can test this... Listen to a CD player with your headphone... it sounds good right? Ok then put the output on your audio interface and record it. If it sounds like sh-t now you've find the problem. There is more to test (the DAW for instance may need adjustment) but you got the general idea that kind of test with every part of your chain, instead of focusing on the output of the Kemper. The Kemper is probably the best part of the chain Look somewhere else the DAW adjustement the audio interface etc Thats my point . Hope it helps

• Ariagoshtasb posed the question 3 months ago tomorrow and has only posted 6 times in total, meaning that he's unlikely to respond any time soon.

He would have solved this by now (one would hope!), but with any luck your thoughtful advice will help someone at some point, Gforce. ;)