manage the monitor output volume during solos

• Hi, I use Alto 210 in front of me like a monitor.
    I use the main output in stereo mode to PA.
    When I play solos with Lead rigs, the volume increases by 4 or 5 db both in PA and monitor: the monitor is in front of me and sounds too much volume, it's unmanageable!
    I would like an option in "Rig" or in "Output" menù where setting different volume between "main output" and "monitor output" for every single rig.
    Thanks for the attention.

Urp

• @urpilus, if I am understanding you I run a similar set up when playing live with my Kemper (except for now I run mono to the PA).

You can can link/unlink different volume controls from the Master Volume Knob. I usually set the Main Output with the sound guy and then unlink it so that I can adjust my Monitor Volume using the Master volume knob. Works great for me.

This is from the current Manual, page 67 Output Section:

Output Volumes and Output Volume Link
    Within the Output Section you can find individual volumes for different physical outputs. When you press the correspondent "Link" Soft Button in "Output Volumes" or "Output AddOns", you can link, or unlink, the respective volume to the Master Volume Knob. Any linked volumes will be controlled by the Master Volume Knob, without having to enter the Output Section again. You can link more than one volume to Master Volume. If you turn Master Volume, these volumes are adjusted relatively to each other. All output volumes can still be controlled individually by Soft Knobs in the Output Section. An obvious live application is to unlink the Main Outputs connected to the main mixing desk of the venue – this means you can now change the volume of your monitor signal, or headphones, while the all-important main signal remains unchanged.

Now this IS more of a global approach to managing the volume and not what you were specifically asking with individual controls within each rig. You do have to do some volume/level balancing ahead of time if you are using rigs from different sources, at different gain, etc. Hope this helps - I know its not exactly what you were asking.

• thanks for the tip, but I need more precision and automation with different independent volume. :)
    I think it's strange that nobody else has the same problem... or that no one has proposed this volume option.

• I would like an option in "Rig" or in "Output" menù where setting different volume between "main output" and "monitor output" for every single rig.

The Rig volume do not (and can not) take care for the configuration at the outputs needed for different locations..
    The output preset is mainly to manage the different Venues with one volume setting from the Rig.

This clear separation makes sense when you consider that the output settings for different venues will be different. Even different monitors could be used for different venues.

Whether it's weird that it doesn't bother others I can't answer but for me your solution wouldn't come into question, that's to complicated to tweak.

I have decoupled volume setting from main and monitor and think to myself, if the audience doesn't mind that a solo gets louder it doesn't bother me even if it gets louder on the monitor.
    The volume setting for the monitor depend on the stage and the monitor itself I have to use.