Struggling With Transpose - SOLVED

• Is it possible that you are getting some of your dry signal in the mix??

The Kemper has an option of mixing your direct sound, with no amp, stomps, eq... and always have it present.

Did you buy the Kemper new or was it used. If it was used, maybe it would be a good idea to reset to factory config.

• Good morning Dieselfeet,
    did you make sure, that you really downloaded the latest Public Beta Version?

If so, you find the transpose function in the rig menue- as @Atlantic described. So, you do not have to use a stomp.
    I often use transpose on -2. I play with InEars. The transposed signal sounds normal and so how I expected it.

My InEars are damping the environment with 28dB, so I only hear the Kempersound and not the strings itself. Maybe this can cause this detune effects...?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Manson DR1 Matthew Bellamy Signature Guitar, Music Man Axis Sport, Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele, Fender 52 American Vintage Reissue Tele 2011, Fender 69 American Vintage Reissue Thinline Tele 2011, Gibson 2015 Les Paul Special doublecut, Epiphone Wilshire Phant-o-matic Frank Iero Signature.

• It's amazing how much of the string sound you can hear, even at a reasonable volume. The best way to check if it works is record something directly from the Kemper and listen back. If you still hear a mix of the pitches, then you have a problem.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

Edited once, last by karlic ().

• That‘s the display of the transpose function in the Rig menue with the latest beta version.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Manson DR1 Matthew Bellamy Signature Guitar, Music Man Axis Sport, Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele, Fender 52 American Vintage Reissue Tele 2011, Fender 69 American Vintage Reissue Thinline Tele 2011, Gibson 2015 Les Paul Special doublecut, Epiphone Wilshire Phant-o-matic Frank Iero Signature.

• Is it possible that you are getting some of your dry signal in the mix??

The Kemper has an option of mixing your direct sound, with no amp, stomps, eq... and always have it present.

Did you buy the Kemper new or was it used. If it was used, maybe it would be a good idea to reset to factory config.

Hi there,

I'll check out the dry signal thing.

I bought the Kemper brand new.

• Good morning Dieselfeet,
    did you make sure, that you really downloaded the latest Public Beta Version?

If so, you find the transpose function in the rig menue- as @Atlantic described. So, you do not have to use a stomp.
    I often use transpose on -2. I play with InEars. The transposed signal sounds normal and so how I expected it.

My InEars are damping the environment with 28dB, so I only hear the Kempersound and not the strings itself. Maybe this can cause this detune effects...?

Hi there,

I have the latest official release, not the Beta, but will give it a try tonight.

Fair point on the string noise. However, to get an authentic sound, I'm setting the Kemper up in an environment that will mirror the band's live setup, so I'm testing at a decent volume.

• You can now download the new OS from the „normal“ OS section, since the beta has changed to an official release today... :)
    Good luck and tell us when there are any solutions to your transpose problem..

• Hi folks firmware updated and it certainly sounds a LOT better. The Rig Menu option for Transpose is far more intuitive.

I now have the facility to record, so I'll put something up tomorrow night - rehearsals tonight, the first with the Kemper! '

Many thanks to all.

• Hi folks firmware updated and it certainly sounds a LOT better. The Rig Menu option for Transpose is far more intuitive.

I now have the facility to record, so I'll put something up tomorrow night - rehearsals tonight, the first with the Kemper! '

Many thanks to all.

Great to hear! Hope it kicks ass for you at rehearsal. If Kemper ever sounds bad the guys here know what is up.

• I have the latest OS and have used the Kemper for the past 5 years. The transpose feature has always been one of my biggest disappointments in the FX department. It sounds almost synthesized and 'phony'. The latency still is unacceptable for live performances to me.

Gary ô¿ô

• If one uses the Transpose setting in the Rig menu though, then one can’t assign Transpose on/off to a remote stomp location. Right?

Another tangentially related question:
    If I upgrade to the latest firmware, is there any ‘danger’ of losing any settings or performances etc.?
    I’m loathe to lose anything as we are mid-rehearsals.

Fwiw I’m using Transpose as a stomp liberally and it’s working perfectly for me.

• If one uses the Transpose setting in the Rig menu though, then one can’t assign Transpose on/off to a remote stomp location. Right?

Another tangentially related question:
    If I upgrade to the latest firmware, is there any ‘danger’ of losing any settings or performances etc.?
    I’m loathe to lose anything as we are mid-rehearsals.

1) You are correct. It would need to be in a Stomp to be able to bypass it with a footswitch.

2) I’ve never lost lost anything by upgrading. But, it is always a good idea to make a quick backup before upgrading.

• The latest, and the previous, upgrade does NOT lose the the stomp, merely makes it simpler and universal to all rigs without consuming a stomp assignment. That's a very cool addition!

But... it acts exactly the same way as of old, which as I've mentioned, is not transparent enough for my uses. Sounds awkward and synthesized, unrealistic.

Gary ô¿ô

• Hmm. Choices to ponder for me. I’m using the transpose stomp on two performances and there is definite latency. It’s ok but just barely. I’m intrigued by the improved latency (it seems on this thread and others) but am terrified to upgrade this week. First gig Saturday with the Kemper.