Struggling With Transpose - SOLVED

• I have the latest OS and have used the Kemper for the past 5 years. The transpose feature has always been one of my biggest disappointments in the FX department. It sounds almost synthesized and 'phony'. The latency still is unacceptable for live performances to me.

I get that it's not perfect, but I've never heard another transpose effect that has zero latency. If you've got some clips or a recommendation where you can't even tell it's doing it regardless of what's being played I'd be surprised and delighted. It's like being angry at physics. :)

• I get that it's not perfect, but I've never heard another transpose effect that has zero latency. If you've got some clips or a recommendation where you can't even tell it's doing it regardless of what's being played I'd be surprised and delighted. It's like being angry at physics. :)

+1

My only reference are the Digitech Drop and the Mooer Pitch Box, and while they both work, neither of them is better than the Transpose effect in the Kemper. At least for down tuning just a couple of steps.

• +1

All transpose effects I've used have latency issues. The KPA for me is no better or worse than other products in that respect and I've found it good enough to be used although of course not perfect..

• Hi folks firmware updated and it certainly sounds a LOT better.

That is really surprising since the only change that was applied in code is the option to position the transpose effect in the input menu. There have been no changes whatsoever in regards to its sound quality compared to the previous version.

• That is really surprising since the only change that was applied in code is the option to position the transpose effect in the input menu. There have been no changes whatsoever in regards to its sound quality compared to the previous version.

What about the additional options within the stomp effect? They seem to be missing in the rig menu.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I have something new (for me) to say about the transpose effect. Up to this moment I had only used it with very high gain profiles and it works very good. Yesterday during band practice we where trying some new sounds and I decided to try a completely clean sound in one song that we play in drop C (guitar tuned in drop D with transpose at -2). And under those conditions, with all clean profiles that I have in my Kemper, the transpose had a lot more of latency to the point that I had to play a little bit ahead to the beat.

It´s interesting that it works a lot better with distortion than with clean sounds. This might be one of the reasons it works better for some people than others.

• I have something new (for me) to say about the transpose effect. Up to this moment I had only used it with very high gain profiles and it works very good. Yesterday during band practice we where trying some new sounds and I decided to try a completely clean sound in one song that we play in drop C (guitar tuned in drop D with transpose at -2). And under those conditions, with all clean profiles that I have in my Kemper, the transpose had a lot more of latency to the point that I had to play a little bit ahead to the beat.

It´s interesting that it works a lot better with distortion than with clean sounds. This might be one of the reasons it works better for some people than others.

That is interesting. I have used it with clean and distortion and I do not notice any latency either way. I do however think that the effect works better for distortion as it kind of hides and temporary artifacts that may be present.

• I agree with karlic.

The detection and transpositional algorithms are operating pre-stack anyway, so I can't see how they'd be working with distorted tones unless you're employing a pedal pre-Kemper or placing the transpose stomp post-cab, which would make no sense at all 'cause it'd have to work on a more-complex waveform and therefore would be more likely to require longer to do its magic (increased latency).

• Hi there

I hope this thread is not too old. I'm also struggling with the transpose function. I am sure that there are 2 signals coming out of the box: the original and the transposed. Using the transpose from the rig menu.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere a setup which has an impact to that?

• Try setting the transpose in the Rig Menu and see if you continue to get 2 signals. Normally that setting would transpose the main signal from the input side of the profiler. Make sure parallel path isn't turned on as well.

• Hi there

I hope this thread is not too old. I'm also struggling with the transpose function. I am sure that there are 2 signals coming out of the box: the original and the transposed. Using the transpose from the rig menu.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere a setup which has an impact to that?

How are you monitoring? It is almost always the case with this “problem” that uses are actually still hearing the guitar signal acoustically in addition to the signal from the KPA. I eve had this problem with custom moulded IEM in my ears. It turned out the sound of the guitar was vibrating and travelling directly to my ears along the IEM cable.