Rock instrumental in 5/4 time

• Most of the guitars are KPA, the lead guitar at the end is the profile "JP-LEAD" by Gerald Massois. Not sure about the notes, but I love the tone of the profile!

Thanks for listening!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sounds fabulous.

It’s refreshing to hear stuff that isn’t just high gain scooped mid metal. Not that there’s anything wrong with that but variety is the spice of life :)

I particularly like the tone on the main melody riff. Very twangy and a bit gritty. And also the cleaner tone on that open string arpeggio type figure. What profiles are they?

• Thank you all so much! I'm kind of satisfied with this one which is unusual for me.

Cool Tool vibe happening here Mitch, like it.

Yes! Tool is one of my favorite bands. That's a great compliment, thanks! I was in a full Tool phase when I started this piece. Currently I'm in an almost exclusively Grateful Dead bootleg phase, so go figure.

Fail. Doesn't sound anything like Madonna.

Nuh uh, does so!

I particularly like the tone on the main melody riff. Very twangy and a bit gritty. And also the cleaner tone on that open string arpeggio type figure. What profiles are they?

If it's what I think it is, it's actually a Fender Jazz Bass. I was trying to find a bass line and got way too complicated (as usual). It was definitely not going to work as a bass line, so I put a telephone effect on it and treated it like a guitar. I think it's a plugin through some drastic EQ.

The open guitar at the intro is a complicated story, so ignore if this is too long. This guitar was originally through the NI GuitarRig Plugin using the "Warm Universe Patch". I immediately reamped through the KPA, but had trouble finding the "right" sound. I even bought ToneJunkies "Chimey Spanky" profile set thinking it would be perfect, but it didn't work for this particular part (but will be fabulous for other things!). So I went back to the plugin, but after listening to even the "not right" KPA profiles, the plugin sounded flat and tiny and bad. So I ended up putting my Ibanez Reissue TS 808 through a clean Marshall profile "JMP50 '76 CLEAN" by Niels. Went back in to the plugin and deleted the modeled amp and cab so I was just sending the reamped guitar through the huge ambiance of the patch. It worked reasonably well, not 100% happy with it. But I'm leaving it. Enough is enough! ;)

Thanks again for listening!!