Brand new Kemper has 0 - 10 volume control

• My cousin just got a new Powered KPA and his volume control goes from 0 to 10… Is there anyway I can change mine back to that?
    I know… I’m old-fashioned, I guess you would call me vintage
    :S

• But then I will lose the latest update to fix the tuner, correct?
    It would just be nice to have a choice to set the volume control display the way you want it…

You could use feature request to point out your wish.
    But I'm afraid you will become more vintage before mothership turn back ;)

• The only reason I'm aware of users have been requesting this 0-10 scale is, that they want to keep referring to it as an absolute volume scale, which is a fundamental misinterpretation.

Master Volume itself has no absolute scale, because it is the master of multiple output volumes, which could all be set at different levels. This misunderstanding is then leading to questions like:
    Today Master Volume +3 is much louder than +7 last week. How is this possible?
    My Master Volume is at +5, but my speaker is still dead, only above +5 the speaker starts to work. What is broken?
    These are possible and intended scenarios of Master Volume.

If you dial Master Volume in current software revisions a screen shows up showing the output volumes of each output in dB. Those are absolute scales you can refer to. If for example your powered cabinet is connected to the Monitor Output or your unpowered guitar cabinet is connected to the Speaker Output, then refer to Monitor Output Volume in dB. That is your number. It gives you an absolute volume reference, which Master Volume 0-10 could never deliver.

• But .. we are mostly live guitar players and to see negative numbers when representing volume is misleading especially when adjusting live on stage. The original kemper bios displayed 0-10, at least give us an option like what was done with the tuner between bubble and strobe tuning. Studio guys that are used to these options it makes sense but for those of us that just want to turn up and down and select a profile the old way was allot easier to understand. Your point on negative numbers is valid but for us that are used to it being represented one way and now something completely foreign like negative numbers is confusing and misleading when thinking of any amplifier ever made the numbers go from 0-10 or 11.

• I understand Burkhard, what you say makes sense, but I just want the speaker out/ Monitor volume on my powered KPA to show 0-10… I don’t really care what the other volumes show…
    After 35 years of turning up volume from 0 to 10, it is very irritating to see negative DB and trying to remember where I was and where I normally am.… It’s just a pain…
    Please, just give us the option…
    I guess it won’t happen
    :(