I just bought some ChopTones profiles...

• I purchased a couple of profiles from the guys at Choptones when had a HeadRush Pedalboard and I must say I was impressed with them.

Now I'm a Kemper convert and after reading your post and then receiving a 20% off code from CT I went ahead and purchased the Fender Bassman essential pack and the Vox AC30 'just play' profiles.

I agree with you the Fender pack had some fantastic profiles but I was blown away by the Vox pack.

Im more of a Plexi type player and have never been enamoured with the Vox sound. However am tempted by the Victory Copper amplifier and so for a few months I've been purchasing some packs from MB and TJ. To my mind the Choptones AC profiles blow them away. Don't get me wrong the others are excellent but coming out of my Headrush FR they do sound a bit flat.

I am awaiting the Kemper Kabinet and god only knows when I'll see it given the current global situation, I'm hoping this will improve the MB and TJ profiles but I must recommend the CT pack if you are a Vox man. You won't be disappointed.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Indeed, some great profiles to be had from Choptones! On the other hand, I can’t say their tagging system is top notch - referring to an accompanying pdf file is kind of a bummer, especially considering the great tagging system the KPA offers.

Still, great work on the profiles, nice variety of amp and speakers!

• sound interesting. I'll buy some of the profiles very soon after reading all this comments. Don't know the difference between the essential and the bigger packs they offer but I guess the essentials are a good start. thanks for the review

• sound interesting. I'll buy some of the profiles very soon after reading all this comments. Don't know the difference between the essential and the bigger packs they offer but I guess the essentials are a good start. thanks for the review

i bought two "just play" packs some days ago: jpc2 and slo60. Stunning tones, quality is top notch. for what i understood afer mailing them, the essential pack in a first selection from the studio pack. The just play pack is a bigger selection pointing out a quite "plug&play" status of the profiles. The studio one is the biggest pack with all combos (studio and direct profiles) created by them.

Next choptones purchase from my side will definitely be the merged packs and some 90s-preamps , because i like to customize the sound with IRs too.

Summary: go for them for a first approach even with the essential packs. The tone will impress you.

• News about it?

Sorry way late posting back. I am re-visiting my choptones profiles. They sound pretty good through my Kabinet in FRFR mode. The Mark III's I purchased almost a year ago were DI. They sound good with various IR's as well.

At times one has to tweak a bit but would say with these not too much just a little for personal tastes. Lots of choices with the Kemper.