Setting effects newbie question

• I am having some problems setting an effect, lets say a wah, and then setting a distortion effect and then when
    I go back to maybe change to a different type of wah, I have to go through from distortion to wah again which is a royal pain.
    Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? I know it is just probably something I am missing but when I go to wah and turn the type knob
    I am back on distortions. Not getting it. Thanks.

• With all due respect to Kemper, this appears to be a MONUMENTAL software flaw. I cannot even believe I am hearing this and not just you need to do this or that for quicker access. This is not only a huge pain in the arse in terms of time but also I am needing to put unnecessary stress on the type knob which will probably be the first thing to fail on my Kemper.

You have got to be kidding me that 1) this was not forseen in development 2) not brought up in beta testing and 3) there have been no firmware fixes since the beginning

Just a colossal problem and almost a dealbreaker in functionality.

Are you all sure there is no workaround??? There is a browse knob but not even sure what this does as it only appears to show a subset of effects.

Thanks!!!!!

• Type is used to select the type of effect (no surprise there, I guess) and will load a default state for the given effect. Browse will browse through the individual presets, some of which are tweaked to sound like a real-world stomp box or piece of outboard.

The effects handling part of the UI has been requested to be overhauled many times, as Nicky said. However, I think it might be more complicated to implement than it would appear to be.

• I am still a little confused about the browse knob. What is this for specifically? When you say inividual presets, how is that different from using type knob and changing presets when you get to effect??? Manual does a very poor job of differentiating.

• Type just selects the type of effect. Browse browses the presets, and doesn’t need to be used in conjunction with Type (you don’t need to select the type of effect first).