Output presets per Rig/Performance

• I've searched on some threads and didn't find this question. Forgive me if I'm repeating a request.

I'm using electric guitar amp profiles on my performances just like everyone else.
    Also I've discovered that the kemper also does an amazing job profiling my favorite preamps and amps of my acoustic rigs. I'm sure I'm not the only one to play both electric and acoustic on the same gig.
    I like playing with a guitar cabinet on stage to have that guitar amp feel and sending to the FOH via Main Outs but when I go to the acoustic guitar I'd like to choose an acoustic rig and having the guitar cabinet muted.

For that purpose it would be great if it was possible to have output presets associated with rigs.

I am aware that it is possible to cut the volume of the monitor out using an expression pedal, but that is a workaround that it's not so convenient like pushing just one button to change performance, and I can antecipate that once in a while I will forget to lower that volume while exchanging guitars and trying to keep communicating with the audience...

• I might be wrong but haviing an extra acoustic rig (there are some on rig exchange and some came with kemper) where the cab section is being switched off. So no need for another feature based oh what I understood you want to do....

• I might be wrong but haviing an extra acoustic rig (there are some on rig exchange and some came with kemper) where the cab section is being switched off. So no need for another feature based oh what I understood you want to do....

But his on stage cab would still be on like before. This makes no sense. He wants to mute the monitor out so to speak. And I think he’s making a point here.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Wouldn't an output routing by instrument (Guitar, Bass, Acoustic) do the job? It would be a global setting and would keep the Rigs universal enabling effective sharing.

Than you have to change this inside the Kemper menu, I suppose the wish is to do this by selecting just a different performance. And I understand this. I have situations live on stage where the profiler is not in direct reach, for example when it is placed behind the stage, so I don't have direct access to it.

• He tells, that he has to keep in touch with the audience (even when not playing). That's what I -singer of a three piece-band- can understand very well.

But at the moment no output-volume-levels can be stored in an output-preset - which I regret intensely, but mothership insits in ; so it would be useless even if the junction to a rig (or a performance-slot) could or would be realized.

So at first it should be implemented, that the output-volume-levels could be stored within an output presets. I posted several proposals in "feature requests", which I invite you to support. :thumbup:

• Than you have to change this inside the Kemper menu, I suppose the wish is to do this by selecting just a different performance. And I understand this. I have situations live on stage where the profiler is not in direct reach, for example when it is placed behind the stage, so I don't have direct access to it.

Instrument is a tag in the Rig, which you can edit. It's content can be either Guitar or Bass or Acoustic. Imagine you could globally direct the sound to a particular output for all Rigs where Instrument for example equals Acoustic.

• Instrument is a tag in the Rig, which you can edit. It's content can be either Guitar or Bass or Acoustic. Imagine you could globally direct the sound to a particular output for all Rigs where Instrument for example equals Acoustic.

The idea by itself is really nice and I would go further and allow the user to create his own tags so you don't limit the user to just 3 settings.

But what's missing for me is the option to switch it from the remote in some way for the cases when the Profiler is not in direct reach.
    Actually I wouldn't use it for different reasons: Switching through menus during a show is not an option for me, I like to have it simple and idiot proved during a show. When I don't have direct access to the Kemper I have to go behind the stage in the worst case to switch the instrument. That's also not an option for me. (just speaking for myself...)
    If I could use the instrument tag in the performance mode for different performances, perhaps with a nice symbol which indicates the instrument which is currently in use, that would be a solution for me. Or something optional to switch between both, global or by performance.

And you have to keep in mind, if this would be implemented the users have to take care which instrument is tagged in a profile. This could get a little bit chaotic if the tagging isn't done right. It's one more possible misuse. ;)

• I actually use a PRS P22 with magnetic and piezo pickups. Imhave normal electric rigs set up and also use some acoustic premap profiles for the piezo. However, I often swirch between acoustic and electric sounds several times during a single song so the ability to properly control this would be fantastic.

I would go even further in my ideadl dream world and ask for two separate signal paths so that I could even run them both simultaneously through different rigs. I suspect the hardware couldn’t cope with that but a usefull workaround would be something like the parallel path for bass players but wher on path comes from the main inout and the other from the alternative input so that the electric pickups don’t go through the direct rig and the piezo doesn’t go through the stack section. That would let me control everything inside Kemperland and just send a combined sound to the FOH.