Rig manager - storage ? where are the files?

• Hello

I am a new user ....
    been using the rig manager for a while, and have some qustions :

1. I have a lot of rigs on my profiler. if I copy them all to the local folder - can I delete it saftly from my profiler ?
    2. Were can I find the rigs files that I put in the local folder ? let's say I want to save it or back it up.

thanks a lot !

• Hi,
    I'm new user too,

1. Yes, but backup it before erase from RigManager in Tools Menu. The factory default rigs are saved in Profiler in hardware memory.

2. On macOS,
    ~/ Users / <yourName> / Library / Application Support / Kemper Amps / Backups
    but it's not easy to use because files are databases. (the rigs are into a contener SQLite)

I saved the complete Backup folder just in case, but I seems it's better to export All Rigs from Local Folder directly with RigManager...

Regards

Edited 6 times, last by Juluxx ().

• 1. Yes.

2. I used to use the folder Juluxx mentioned and recommended it to others here until Kemper said not to touch it 'cause problems can be caused later on (when updating RM for instance), and loss of Rigs and other strange behaviour is possible.

Therefore, it's best to use the menu function Kemper has provided to create a backup file. This single file contains all your folders and Rigs and can be restored to a freshly-installed copy of RM at any time, much like the backup procedure via USB stick on the Profiler itself.

In addition to this, you can drag the contents of each folder to similarly-named folders on your desktop, zip them up and store them as well just in case.

Welcome, Shimon!

• yes, it is better do not to touch these files at risk that the RM database is corrupted and lost Rigs.
    If you are on macOS you have TimeMachine that will save everything U want.

I made backup on USB from the Profiler and let computer save by TimeMachine daily. in plus yearly backup.
    regards

• Rig Manager has a backup option within the Tools menu. You should utilise it to create a backup, in case you want to transfer a backup to another mac or pc. Time machine will automatically backup Rig Managers database as well.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• My Mac doesn't have this folder: ~/ Users / <yourName> / Library / Application Support / Kemper Amps
    Has something changed?

• That manual-revealing of the User / Library folder's been necessary since OSX 10.7.x, six full OS versions and quite a few years ago. It's possible, but unlikely, that he's still on Lion.

Also, if he meant the Library folder, he'd have logically provided the path, "~/ Users / <yourName> / Library", as opposed to the one all the way down to the Kemper Amps folder.

@fgagerrits, no, nothing has changed AFAIK; it should be there. Dumb question perhaps, but have you tried reinstalling the app?

• yes.
    if I remember, when you have in Users folder open in a window.
    You can do cmd-J (see the presentation options) and at the end of this panel you can active and see the Library folder for always and beyond... 8o
    not good to access everytime, because of course do not touch any file you do not know.

• It's actually the "/ Users / Your Name" folder that you must select first.

Also, you can hit "Option" after / whilst clicking the "Go" menu in the finder to reveal the User / Library folder, as you said earlier, Juluxx, but then drag it to a window sidebar so that it's always-there.

Finally, you can run this script in Terminal for permanent visibility:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

• i just got a kemper and working with the LCD menus feel like I just traveled back in time to year 2000 when cell phones started to become popular for common people. I hope a new kemper product comes out soon

• i just got a kemper and working with the LCD menus feel like I just traveled back in time to year 2000 when cell phones started to become popular for common people. I hope a new kemper product comes out soon

How primitive is a 69 superlead UI? Very. How might it sound? Killer! I'd trade that any day for a digital unit with a flashy UI that looks amazing but sounds like a POD 2.0. The Kemper is way more advanced than an plexi front panel and I just want it to sound great, & be familiar with "normal" amp controls. That's the main reason I chose a Kemper over an AXFX. It's all there with a Kemper,simple and I didn't buy one for what my eyes like. I wouldn't care if it had a screen like an atari if it sounded the way it does. It's not an entertainment system or an Iphone, it's an amplifier.