DSP Error

• My Kemper just froze up and I had a tab that said DSP Error. I just rebooted and I'm testing everything now. Weird...

• My Kemper just froze up and I had a tab that said DSP Error. I just rebooted and I'm testing everything now. Weird...

I had this error too some time ago. I think it was related to the "return level bug" when profiling. Which version are you on? Is it possible that you created a profile with the signal level set too high?

• Something I've been seeing recently are "Profile clipping" errors that happen upon fresh boot. If I try to profile again, it works - as if the KPA silently reduced its gain to prevent future clips. Granted, I've been doing some kooky reamping experiments recently, but it's always odd when this happens.

-djh

• Anybody has found a fix to that?
    I've got the soft button on with DSP ERROR written above it..

The knobs don't work.
    This happened while running 1.04.
    I've updated to the 1.08beta (last one) but still get the same.I've also got a system error message.

Any help would be really appreciated.

--Thanks

• Well, after 3 reboots, with or without SYSTEM button held, back to 1.06 FW and back again to 1.0.8, I have the DSP error tab disappeared and all work. The funny thing is that the button above the DSP error (the 2nd between TYPE and BROWSE knobs) lits if I plugged a cable in INPUT and lits off if I unplugged the cable ?( .

• I had this same error once a while back and it was related to one particular profile. I deleted the profile and it has been good since with no errors. Maybe worth a try if it happens with a certain profile and not others.

• I had this error last night... and I'm wondering if there's been any official word as to why this happens. A simple reboot fixed it, but I'm wondering if this is something that can be avoided. I was just messing around with various wave shapers in the pre profile effects slots.

• I got this error also 2 or 3 times - a reboot fixed it each time.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I got DSP error in August, i try every thing (reset to factory settings, flash format, old FW....) and nothing (its was broken) so i send it to repair. Kemper team was great and fast!

Hope its not the same for you :thumbup:

• I got DSP error in August, i try every thing (reset to factory settings, flash format, old FW....) and nothing (its was broken) so i send it to repair. Kemper team was great and fast!

Hope its not the same for you :thumbup:

The description of the KPA as "frozen" fits mine as well. All though mine never had a DSP Error message. It happened about 10 times, updated to beta 1.1.1.7641B, that did not sort out the problem. Kemper support advised me to send it back to Thomann. Glad to hear the were great and fast. Two questions: How long did it take to get it back? How do you perform a reboot? /HJ

• I take the kemper to my local dealer, it was about 15 days until i have the unit back in my hands. To make a reboot you have to enter in mantaince mod. Sorry for my english, cheers :thumbup: