Noise removal plugins, any ones that stand out?

• Hey I’m a big dumb animal who downloaded the demo for Brusfri. I can’t seem to find an option to remove noise while playing, only after recording. Does it not do it while playing? I don’t record much but I have some house noise I want to remove while doing the wheedly deedlies

• Hey I’m a big dumb animal who downloaded the demo for Brusfri. I can’t seem to find an option to remove noise while playing, only after recording. Does it not do it while playing? I don’t record much but I have some house noise I want to remove while doing the wheedly deedlies

Is the plugin capable of that? I think most of them only work after recording, not in real time. Impossible to predict what is going to be played, otherwise there would be added latency/delay to the output.

If it can though, that would be impressive!

• It does, AJ, as I said earlier when I told the story about Skippy (PlugInGuru)'s using it on his master buss whilst conducting livestream tutes and whatnot. His voice and everything he plays passes through it, and there's zero noise.

Billing, make sure you're have the right settings in your DAW to monitor through plugins, make the plugin analyse the noise while you're not playing (maybe touching the strings, damping everything), and proceed as normal once it's ready.

Should work. Don't have the plug or a means to test it yet, but I've seen Skippy use it many a time now; he bought it about 2 months ago and its a permanent fixture in his livestreams 'cause of his ambient noise in the studio, which rises considerably in summer due to his portable air conditioner, as I said earlier.

• It’s all the same along a continuum.
    Long delay is echo.
    As it gets shorter it’s artificial double tracking. Shorter still and it’s chorusing.
    When it’s crossing through near zero it’s phasing.

So minor latency in a plug in can be perceived as ‘phasey’.

• Btw tried it in real-time: it ended up really altering my tone. Maybe I did it wrong but it sounded like it had a phaser on or something

Are you listening 100% to the plugin's output and not a blend of the unprocessed and processed sound? Is there a "Mix" setting on the plugin? If so, set that to 100% as well.