Kemper, into focusrite, into logic x pro help needed

• Hi, I just got my kemper about a week ago and I’m looking to try and do some in home simple recordings with it. My biggest experience with recording is using garage band on my MacBook, so not very extensive.

How I have it set up now is, SPDIF out on the back of the kemper to SPDIF in on my focusrite 18i8. And then USB into the MacBook. I’m also using logic x pro on my MacBook, and the input is selected to be the focusrite. Messing around in the focusrite controller app on my Mac, I have sound from the kemper playing through my computer monitors, as if I’m using those as cabs, but I can’t get it to speak to logic though and record into logic. I have the sample rate at 44.1 kHz in the focusrite controller app, but I think I may be doing something wrong in the output routing, or something I’m missing in logic.

I guess my question is, how do I get everything connected in order to record into logic x pro, and what are the settings that I need in order to do so?

Thank you in advance.

• In Logic preferences under Audio..... Devices tab you have to select Output and Input devices

Make sure you click Apply Changes.

You gotta have the right guns when you enter the town of tone. And please, shoot ALL fanboys you come across!

• Thank you for the response, under audio preferences, I have the Scarlett 18i8 selected for output and input devices and they’re both saved.

Still no luck in logic.

I can hear sound from the kemper going through my monitors, which makes me think there isn’t a problem with the SPDIF connection between the kemper and the focusrite, but I don’t see it connecting with logic from there.

• You have to select the appropriate inputs in the channelstrip of the track that you want to record on in Logic. The default setting of 1-2 probably refers to the first 2 analog inputs of your interface. You need to figure out which numbers are associated with the spdif inputs of your interface.